We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic in Point Lobos

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 1
Picnic in Point Lobos

Hi Everyone-

I'll be in Monterey on October 27th and 28th.

I'm taking my gf for her birthday. We're doing the aquarium in the morning and early afternoon.

But after that, I wanna suprise her with a picnic at Point Lobos State Reserve.

Is there any specific place I should go, possibly a picnic area or overlooking a nice view?

Also, is there a place I can pick up sandwiches and snacks on the way from Monterey?

Thanks!

Monterey Peninsula...
1. Re: Picnic in Point Lobos

Here are the park rules regarding picnics:

"Picnicking: Permitted only in areas with tables. There are tables at Whalers Cove parking area, Piney Woods parking area, and the Bird Island parking area."

Piney woods is in the forest and has no views, but it's quiet. Whaler's Cove tables are next to the parking lot and doesn't have much shade. It's the first right after you enter the park. The Bird Island parking area is at the very end of the main road. It has both views and the shade of trees. It's probably the best choice overall.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

(Note, my website is temporarily inaccessible to some west-coast viewers due to ISP network problems.)

Monterey Peninsula...
2. Re: Picnic in Point Lobos

Oh, the easiest place to get picnic food close to Point Lobos is from the Safeway deli counter. The store is in the Crossroads Shopping Center at Highway 1 and Rio Road. Rio Road is the 4th and final traffic signal after the freeway ends between Monterey and Carmel. Turn left onto Rio Road and make an immediate right into the shopping center. Safeway is towards the back of the parking lot.

There are lots of restaurants that offer take-out as well. Too many to list here. There are a few in the same shopping center as Safeway.

los angeles
reviews: 1
3. Re: Picnic in Point Lobos

Thank you so much.

I can't wait!

4. Re: Picnic in Point Lobos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 21, 2013