We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suite

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
suite

Is there accomadations in monterey that would accomadte a family of six for 2 days?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: suite

Hello Angel Good to hear from you about an area closer to where we live

As far as hotels go in any area. it would help to give a budget range as that is what is going to determine what is available.

With our family we have stayed at the following places. Monterey Plaza hotel, The Portola Hotel and the Intercontinental Clement. They all have suites if that is what you want or you may need to request adjoining rooms. There are plenty of B&Bs and inns but I would not take a family of 6 there.

www.montereypeninusla.info is a local TA member's blog which is worth a read. Mr Toy is his name. That site seems to be having problem showing up for some reason

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
2. Re: suite

Look at Embassy Suites, Andril Fireplace Cottages and Bide A Wee

canada
3. Re: suite

Thanks for trying to post that but as you said it is having trouble. Everyone says Monterey is a wonderful place to stop for two days. Do you suggest one of those days to do Santa Cruz and come back before headinG to SF. Or just stop into Santa Cruz when we leave Monterey on the third day? I am not sure what sites to see in Monterey besides the acquarium. Thanks

canada
4. Re: suite

If we had to get adjoining rooms I would really not like to pay 300.00 a nt for each room thanks.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
5. Re: suite

Spelling counts: http://www.montereypeninsula.info/

Point Lobos State Park, bike trail, Dennis the Menace park, kayaking in the bay or Elkhorn Slough, ....

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
6. Re: suite

Ooops. Do you get to Mr. Toy's site PNWF ? I get a blank page

When we go to that area, we spend a lot of time in Point Lobos, Check out the Beaches around Carmel, Ride bikes along the Pacific Grove coastline, visit the Aquarium, kayak in the bay or go to Elkhorn Slough. All this will take 2 days. I left our the DTM park because most of the siblings are teens.

Santa Cruz is 40 or so mins North of Monterey and has a great beach, and an fun Beach Boardwalk -- not a theme park but more of an good old fashioned amusement park -- Our teens don't mind going there for half a day. There are a couple of Redwood parks close to SC. Big Basin State park and Henry Cowell park. The latter has an old fashioned steam train ride which your 8 year old will love but the others unless they are into Steam trains may scoff at.

On Day 3 you could leave Monterey and head to SC spend the day there and then head to SF or you could spend the night there depending on how many days you have.

Edited: 7:13 pm, October 17, 2012
Monterey Peninsula...
7. Re: suite

Belomiser, you typed my web address incorrectly. (You mis-spelled peninsula as peninusla.) But thanks for alerting me that my website is down today. Even with the correct address it isn't loading. Now to find out why....

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

canada
8. Re: suite

could you also suggest some budget /kid friendly places to eat that will not break the bank? Thankyou

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
9. Re: suite

Mr. Toy's website loads perfectly for me. I'm using Chrome.

Monterey Peninsula...
10. Re: suite

A good family restaurant is Rosines on Alvarado Street in downtown Monterey. It's located half a block south of the Golden State Theater, on the opposite side of the street, on the corner of Bonifacio. They have a diverse and affordable menu of comfort food. http://www.rosinesmonterey.com/

Update on my website: My hosting provider says they're having trouble connecting to some west-coast ISPs. My site is still visible in other parts of the country. Hopefully the rest of us will have access again in a few hours.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info