We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
reviews: 1
Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

We'll be arriving in Monterey July 14 and will be there through the 17th. We only recently found out that that's during the Bach Festival! The last time we were in Monterey, the festival was there and we had a perfect balcony view of one of the concerts on the night of our arrival!

In any event, with the festival in Carmel, I have no idea how crowded Monterey will be. Will we need dinner reservations? And if so, how early before our arrival should we make them?

One more question: before this trip, we've always stayed at the Monterey Plaza and have eaten our first dinner at the restaurant next door. For the life of me, I can't remember its name (another senior moment) and would like to know if we should make reservations there for our arriving night.

Thanks in advance!

reviews: 707
1. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

I would make a reservation! Are you set on eating at the place next door? Schooner's Coastal Kitchen is awesome, right at your hotel. We dined there a few days ago. It's nice to book advance reservations on opentable, Schooner's Coastal Kitchen is listed there. Have fun! :)

arkansas
2. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

We've eaten several times in the Plaza's hotels, and I'm sure we will again on this trip, but our normal first night restaurant is next door (whatever the heck it is!)

3. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

I think it is The Chart House! :)

arkansas
4. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

I think you're right, syrahgirl...thanks!

Monterey Peninsula...
5. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

The Bach Festival crowd sticks pretty close to Carmel, so Monterey restaurants aren't impacted that much.

Carmel restaurants see more activity than usual during the Bach Festival, but the event is relatively small compared to the major golf and racing events so Carmel, which has many, many restaurants, can absorb the Bach crowds with relative ease.

Yes, the Chart House is next to the Plaza.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 6:19 pm, June 07, 2012
arkansas
6. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

Thanks, Mr. Toy! I'd hoped you'd chime in because I remember your saying that you'd worked with the Monterey Plaza.

I'm glad to know, too, that the crowds won't be as bad as I'd feared.

We're REALLY looking forward to our time in Monterey - we'll be leaving upper 90 degree weather here in the south.

7. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

We spent the past 3 days in the area! The Carmel Beach was just gorgeous today after lunch at La Bicyclette! :)

8. Re: Dinner Reservations in Monterey during Bach Festival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 20, 2013