We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage House?

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delaware
reviews: 24
Heritage House?

Does anyone know what is happening with the Heritage House? It foreclosed a few years ago. It is our favorite place.

75 replies to this topic
northern california
reviews: 2
1. Re: Heritage House?

It is closed and being (sadly) neglected. It is just down the road from our home and we are sorry to see it deteriorate.

Mendocino...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Heritage House?

Nothing, unfortunately.

Los Altos, CA
reviews: 39
3. Re: Heritage House?

I drove by it about two months ago. It looked very forlorn.

Hopefully, with the economy starting to turn around, there will someone interested in purchasing it and bringing it back to its former glory. It was a wonderful place to stay, and truly has great potential for someone with imagination.

Hartford...
4. Re: Heritage House?

Any news about this wonderful property?

Edited: 6:02 am, December 11, 2011
Los Altos, CA
5. Re: Heritage House?

I just drove by there today. Sad to say it looks a bit dilapidated. A security service vehicle is parked by the reception area, and two other vehicles were parked nearby, but there didn't seem to be any activity (though it was a Sunday afternoon).

Hopefully someone purcahses this soon, as it is a lovely location and has such potential!

London
6. Re: Heritage House?

Oh dear. Was such a nice place but a bit over priced. What about the other inn a couple of miles south?

Los Altos, CA
7. Re: Heritage House?

If you're referring the Albion River Inn, or the Whale Watch Inn, they are both still operating.

Yes, it was an expensive place, but the facilities and the view were lovely. I hope one day it is bought, and brought back to its former charm.

Bulverde, Texas
reviews: 113
8. Re: Heritage House?

wow I am so very sorry to hear about this. I stayed there in 2001. It was gorgeous. I was wanting to take my hubby to the northern coast and thought of this place. hopefully someone will restore it to its glory.

Sonoma County, CA
9. Re: Heritage House?

My parents spent last week in Mendocino, and they were told that Heritage house finally sold to new owners, and when the drove by there were many work trucks in the parking lot with folks apparently working on it!! I can't find any news articles about what is going on, anyone else hear anything? It would be great if it were cleaned up and reopened!

Los Altos, CA
10. Re: Heritage House?

That is great news! I hope they bring it back to it's former style. I hear that the last owner did some strange things with regards to the decor of the rooms.

Reply to: Heritage House?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted