We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
reviews: 5
Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

How far are these beaches from West Hollywood? My plan is to spend 3 days in Hollywood and 2 days at one of these beaches it looks like they are about the same distance. Could I do both beaches in 2 days or is that alot of driving?

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
1. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

they are very different, Huntington is a very wide sandy beach and a great surfing beach. The area around the pier has some interesting shops and restaurants but it lacks charm. Laguna is kinda narrow and not a very good swimming beach, but it is a more picturesque area and the town on laguna has a ton of charm, many interesting shops restaurants and art galleries. It is the better for the walk on the beach type of place. Laguna is a nice place to visit but for huntington I would suggest possibly hermosa beach as a similar beach closer to west hollywood. You could do huntington and laguna in one day easy, maybe a 25 minute drive.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

I favor Laguna more than any other beach community. But that's just my opinion. HB is great too, so you can't go wrong with either.

But, if you are staying in W. Hollywood, why don't you just head on over to Malibu? Less crowded, and really close.

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
3. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

If you decide on Laguna, we enjoyed the Laguna Riviera Hotel. We stayed here for 2 nights a few years ago. It's ocean front, family owned and operated, and the room rates are a bargain, even for an ocean view room. The hotel is right on the beach and close to all the shops, restaurants and art galleries of Laguna Beach.

OC, CA
reviews: 1
4. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

i like laguna better than huntington. what month do you plan on visiting? if its in the summer, july-august, i suggest going to the 'pageant of the masters' in laguna. its amazing.

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 5
5. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

We will be in Hollywood on June 28,29,30 beach 1,2,3 what is pagent of the masters?

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
6. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

I agree with MissWeb regarding Pageant of the Masters in Laguna. We've been to the Pageant of the Masters once, and it's incredible. I remembered how hard it was to get tickets then. But it's a show where real people who are volunteers pose to exactly show and display many masterpieces of works of art and paintings on stage accompanied by an orchestra playing music in the background. It's held at an outdoor theather in Laguna Beach during the evenings, and gets cool at night, so if you go, bring a light jacket or sweater. I would also highly recommend it as the previous post mentioned if it's held during the time you're here.

OC, CA
reviews: 1
7. Re: Which beach is nicer Huntington Beach or Laguna

the 'pageant of the masters' starts july 7th thru sept 1st. thats too bad you wont be in town then. its so amazing and you wonder how they can hold that pose for 10 mins or so. we've been going for the past 4 years or so.

but you should try out the las brisas brunch on saturdays. but please note, the saturday brunch is only from 8:30am-10am and its only like $8 per person.