We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

Hi,

I need to rent a house/condo for a trip to the LA area in April for 4 days. I have 2 teenage kids and we will be doing outdoor, nature-oriented things, perhaps trip to Santa Barbara. Can you give me suggestions on where would be a good place to rent and anyplace to avoid?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
1. Re: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

I answered on your other thread.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
2. Re: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

What sort of outdoor nature things?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 177
3. Re: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

Hello Sue, welcome to the Los Angeles forum. Your best bets for condos or homes will be VRBO, HomeAway, or TripAdvisor's FlipKey. You will want to know exactly where you wish to stay, however. You mention Santa Barbara, which is about 90 minutes' drive from here - during the best drive times. If your trip is to that area, I recommend you post your questions on the Santa Barbara forum.

If you wish to stay in LA, we can help you with specific neighborhoods that you should focus on.

Good luck!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
4. Re: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

I imagine you mean that you want to rent a home or apartment in Los Angeles? Southern California is the size of your state. Santa Barbara is fine for a day trip, but about 2 hours away from LA.

Normally, I recommend Santa Monica for families, but SM doesn't allow private short term rentals, so you would need to look at hotels. Other areas of LA are so spread out that it's difficult to pinpoint on VRBO or AirBnB.com where to look - you could end up in a not so favorable area. Concentrate on West Hollywood, Beverly HIlls, Brentwood.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
5. Re: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation

I'd rent by the beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach.

tripadvisor.com/…55314457

Reply to: Where to rent for S. Cali vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted