We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of the road.....back to Australia

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 53
End of the road.....back to Australia

Our family of two adults and three children (9,6 and 4) are travelling to CA in September. We start in San Diego (5 nights), Las Vegas (3 nights), San Francisco (5 nights), Disneyland (6 nights) and ending in LA for 3 nights staying at the Sofitel, near the Beverly Centre.

We arrive around lunch time on Wednesday, have full day Thursday and fly out midnight on the Friday (so really a full day Friday). We have only considered going to Universal on the Thursday but not sure it will be a full day with the kids given their ages.

Any suggestions on what to do during the end of our vacation in Los Angeles....things that are easy and kids would enjoy....I may end up with having to occupy them as I suspect my wife has her itinerary already mapped out!!!

Pasadena, CA
reviews: 1
1. Re: End of the road.....back to Australia

Hello,

September is a beautiful time in California. There are a couple of things that you can do with the kids.

You can go to Santa Monica and enjoy the beach. On Santa Monica Pier, there is a small amusement park at the end, and the kids would enjoy. 3rd Street Promenade is another place in Santa Monica you can visit.

The Grove in LA is close to where you will be staying. It's an attractive outdoor shopping area, with dancing fountains and during weekends live music.

The LA Brea Tarpits might be interesting for the kids with dinosaur fossils, very neat and educational too!

Go to the Getty Center, it's a museum on top of a hill overlooking the city. The gardens and the parklike setting maybe something for you and the family to relax and just enjoy the views. The museum is modern and great to visit. Free to get in, just need to pay $7 for parking.

Universal Citywalk is next to Universal Studios. It's pedestrian only filled with shops and restaurants.

In Long Beach, you can visit the Aquarium of the Pacific or take any of the harbor cruises.

Hope you and your family enjoy LA!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 53
2. Re: End of the road.....back to Australia

Thank you cali333 - that all sounds enjoyable.

El Segundo, CA
reviews: 3
3. Re: End of the road.....back to Australia

If you're in Hollywood, watch a movie at the famous El Capitan Theater on Hollywood Blvd. There is a live Disney show before each movie starts. I've taken my kids there to watch a Disney movie all the time, and they always enjoy!