We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rishon Lezion...
reviews: 4
Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Hi all

I can't decide where to stay in LA (we a are young couple in a honeymoon trip), and I need you to help me decide between these 4 places (in term of location, price, and area. price is for 2 nights, without taxes, and for a King/Queen room):

1. Trylon Hotel (180$) - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d1633382…

2. Coral Sands Motel (176$) - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d133994-…

3. The Hotel Hollywood (218$)- tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d508182-…

4. Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios (240$)- tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77256-R…

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
41. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

It's a well-run, 2-star in central Hollywood. Most (but not all!) rooms have small kitchens in them. If it were between the Farmers Daughter (a THREE-star ranked 47 on Trip Advisor), the Hollywood Celebrity (a TWO-STAR ranked 25 on Trip Advisor) or the Days Inn (a TWO-STAR ranked 93) on Trip Advisor, I would certainly pick the Hollywood Celebrity over the Days Inn. Would I pick the Farmers Daughter over the Hollywood Celebrity? Yes, since it's a 3-star and I'm not a huge fan of staying in Hollywood (very touristy) unless you won't have a car (you WILL) since Hollywood is a great public transit hub so getting around from there is quite easy.

Any 3 of these hotels would be fine, given your constraints. I understand that you're trying to get the best possible place given your budget but since you'll be visiting in a month, the prices are going to start to climb.

I just noticed that booking.com is offering the Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel which is on Franklin Av (this is not the same hotel as the Hollywood Hills Hotel on Sycamore Av) for $160 for a king room. This is a fantastic offer: highly ranked (#39 out of 704 hotels ranked on Trip Advisor) THREE-star hotel a few blocks from the eastern end of the Walk of Fame (the corner of Hollywood & Vine where the "W" hotel and the Pantages Theater are located. Given this offer, I would opt for it above the others.

I would urge you to make your decision -- today.

Rishon Lezion...
42. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

I saw the offer for the Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel, but its only for non refundable, so I won't take the risk for now

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
43. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

בהצלחה

Rishon Lezion...
44. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Need your advise in term of money. the difference between Hollywood Celebrity to Days Inn is 40$ per night (80$ in total). does it worth it?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 341
45. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

No, the Celebrity is not $80 better than the Days Inn.... maybe $20-30 better, not $80.

Rishon Lezion...
46. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

I rechecked, its even more, its 50$ per night. but I also read that its better not to walk in this area at night. is it true? does it feel unsafe there at night time?

Edited: 5:28 pm, August 23, 2013
Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
47. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

You read that the area around the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel is not safe? Where on earth did you hear that? Not true at all. Like any big city, use common sense. But it's not unsafe at all.

Rishon Lezion...
48. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

I talked about Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios

Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
49. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Fine area as well. No one here is going to recommend you stay in a bad, unsafe area. Just book something.

Rishon Lezion...
50. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Don't worry, I Already booked those 3:

1. Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios

2. Hollywood Celebrity Hotel

3. BEST WESTERN Hollywood Plaza Inn

Now I just asking some questions in order to be sure which one to choose.