We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rishon Lezion...
reviews: 4
Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Hi all

I can't decide where to stay in LA (we a are young couple in a honeymoon trip), and I need you to help me decide between these 4 places (in term of location, price, and area. price is for 2 nights, without taxes, and for a King/Queen room):

1. Trylon Hotel (180$) - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d1633382…

2. Coral Sands Motel (176$) - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d133994-…

3. The Hotel Hollywood (218$)- tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d508182-…

4. Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios (240$)- tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77256-R…

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

When is your trip? I can't figure out your budget, these hotel rates differ and I can't figure out what you seek. I don't like any of your choices, frankly. Will you have a car?

Rishon Lezion...
2. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Google maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/nwLq2

Rishon Lezion...
3. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

I'll be in LA at 16/9-18/9. 1 day is for Universal and the other for Hollywood. I have a car

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
4. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

What is your budget? Did you look at Orchid Suites? Celebrity Hollywood? Magic Castle? Holiday Inn Express? These are all better hotels than the ones you listed. You won't need a car for Universal if staying in Hollywood, and Hollywood takes only an hour or so to see. So that leaves you with a full day to explore elsewhere.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
5. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

I would suggest Magic Castle Hotel, Orchid Suites, Holiday Inn Express Walk of Fame, Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood - all are around or below the prices of the other hotels that you mentioned, and all are much better located than the other hotels that you mentioned.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
6. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

If it's your honeymoon and you want to have a DECENT place to stay, you'll need to 'up' your budget. Los Angeles is expensive. You're spending thousands of dollars to fly here; what's another $200 for a hotel? If you can't afford it, drop the car. As Yoga said, you can reach Hollywood and Universal by public transit (or on foot) if you stay in Hollywood.

For your dates, I'd look at these hotels:

1. The Hollywood Hotel -- this is the only 3-star hotel that will be affordable:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77237-R…

It's to the east of central Hollywood (10 minutes by car or public transit). Getaroom.com has rooms for $131 / night plus taxes. Parking is $20 per day. The rate includes breakfast. There's a pool and Jacuzzi on the premises.

2. The Hollywood Hills Hotel on Spaulding Av (not to be mistaken with Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel on Franklin Av). This is an older 2-star hotel in a GREAT CENTRAL location in Hollywood on a hill overlooking the city just above the Magic Castle Hotel (you check in at the Magic Castle Hotel since they own both). The pool area of the hotel has sweeping views of the city. Rooms are available for $149 + taxes through cheaptickets.com. Their website shows ONE ROOM left (with a king bed).

I would not wait to book!

Burleigh Heads...
reviews: 35
7. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood walk of Fame in May 2013. Just a 5 minute walk to the walk of fame & the Highland Centre. We loved it so much we are going back there in May 2014

Rishon Lezion...
8. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

K I checked you suggestions (and added some of mine):

1. Orchid Suites- requires minimum of 2 nights

2. Hollywood Celebrity Hotel- No availability for these dates

3. Magic Castle Hotel- too expensive (244$ per night)

4. Holiday Inn Express- 208$ per night

5. Loews Hollywood Hotel- 200$ per night

6. Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood- 188$ per night

7. Hollywood Hotel - 150$ per night

8. Hollywood Hills Hotel- 154$ per night

Which one of the options 4-8 I should take? the Hollywood Hills Hotel sounds good (and also good price) and also has a good reviews. does anyone else heard about it?

Sydney, Australia
9. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

There is a great best western on franklin avenue just a kilometre from the strip (101 Cafe) - close, clean, good service and very reasonable rates - we stay there every time we visit Hollywood from Australia the staff are friendly and helpful and hotel is older but has undergone some renovation. - good if you have a budget to consider - we usually stay in the US for a month at a time so clean, safe, affordable and well located are our primary considerations - it's our well kept secret :)

Rishon Lezion...
10. Re: Help about where to stay in Hollywood (4 choices)

Its also a bit expensive (178$, before taxes), but so far its looks like the best option...