We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
reviews: 82
Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

I have one day on Sunday 8 Sept to shop. Staying at the Hilton Gardens Inn at El Segundo. Metro Planner says to take Torrance 8 destination Pacific Coast Highway and stop at Hawthorn Blvd. for shopping at the South Bay Galleria.

How and what ticket should I get for a return trip? Will it be easy to recognize the right bus and the destination?

Finally, is there a better or bigger more convenient shopping center? I just want to buy clothes, golf shoes and general stuff.

Many thanks for any assistance.

melbourne
11. Re: Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

To HopSkipJump and all the other LA Destination Experts.

Without all you help, we would have really struggled with working out the public transport system to and fro El Segundo and Culver City. The main problem was working out the correct corners of the roads to get the right buses. On the other hand, once we got this sorted out, it was a breeze. I must say though that other passengers were ever so helpful when approached. One driver was particularly outstanding that when I tried to tip him, he respectfully and graciously declined saying that he was not allowed to accept any gratuities. Thank you mate.

Thanks so much to all my TA fellow travelers and destination experts.

Sincerely,

Hajijohn

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
12. Re: Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

By going to El Segundo did you find the golf shoes you were looking for at Dick's Sporting or Golfsmith? Always like to know from our visitors how they found the price and selection compared to home so we can suggest to others.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
13. Re: Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

hajijohn - many thanks for popping back in to tell us how you fared. Angelenos tend to be outgoing and helpful, I'm glad you found that to be true. Come back and visit sometime again!

melbourne
14. Re: Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

Hi CAnative,

Unfortunately we had to abandon the idea of looking for golf equipment as we ran out of time.

Maybe for the next visit, now that we have had a nice taste of LA.

Cheers,

Hajijohn

15. Re: Using Metro planner for shopping in Redondo Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 04, 2015