We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Hi,

I've had a look around Sunset Blvd, but I can only see short stay car parks. Does anyone know if there are some overnight garages around. I'm trying to avoid paying for the expensive valet parking at the Mondrian if possible.

Many thanks

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
1. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

I'm pretty sure that there are no options - signage on most streets in the area will not allow for overnight parking or only for people with residential parking permits that you will not be able to get. Parking lots in the area are also not overnight. Best thing to do is to decide if Mondrian is worth whatever room rate you got plus the parking fee, versus other hotel's rates (plus their parking fee - almost every hotel charges). When they're charging a lot of money, its because they can get away with it since there are no nearby alternatives.

London, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Thanks MachThree, I assumed as much but thought I would check. Thanks again for your help.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
3. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

All hotels in LA charge that much for parking, sorry. And, there are no other options nearby

London
reviews: 1
4. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Hi, we stayed at the Mondrian in November, and there was an overnight garage about a block or two away.

It's on the corner of Alta Loma Road and Sunset - the Sunset centre or something, you can see it if you look at street map. Not overly cheap, but at least $10-$15 a day cheaper than valet at the Mondrian.

I hope it's still there, as we are coming back in October and it saved us lots of cash!

London
5. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Here is a website

parkme.com/lot/51900/the-sunset-parking-west…

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
6. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

I'm assuming that the Alta Loma lot does not have 'in/out' privileges so if you returned to the hotel in the middle of the day (to freshen up and head out for the evening), you'd have to pay for parking a second time. In such a case, the savings wouldn't be there. Of course, if you planned to stay in for the night upon returning to the hotel, this would be a good solution.

London
7. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

Yes that's true, sometimes we used a cheaper lot across the road for a couple of hours when we did that. I think the overnight rate kicks in at a certain time as well.

But it still worked out cheaper than valet, especially if you are there for a good few days.

I'm excited to head back - loved LA and the Mondrian!

8. Re: Overnight parking near the Mondrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014