We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nice, France
Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

I need to drive from Burbank to Irvine and back on a weekday. Google Maps says the trip time is about 55 minutes, and in current (5pm) traffic it's up to 1 hr 20 minutes. Destination is near the 405/133 interchange; start point is two miles west of Downtown Burbank.

I can't arrive in Irvine earlier than 8am or later than 5:30pm.

What's the best time to leave to minimize the time I'm sitting in traffic?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
1. Re: Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

If you leave at 10AM you should miss a good bit of the South Bound traffic and if you head back after 7PM, you'll miss it on the return.

United States
reviews: 14
2. Re: Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

You might be able to take the Metrolink train, what is the destination/address in Irvine?

Nice, France
3. Re: Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

Good idea on Metrolink. 2 mile walk from the station or a trip on OCTA 86. I can get that down to 2.5 hours each way; I dunno if I can justify 5 hours.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
4. Re: Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

www.metrolinktrains.com. Would need to change trains at Union Station (a lovely building). 55 mins. driving from Burbank to Irvine? With no traffic delays, perhaps, and those can occur at any time. Leave plenty of time.

Edited: 6:48 am, April 16, 2013
5. Re: Drive Time: Burbank to Irvine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 18, 2014