We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room for a family of 5

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 75
Hotel room for a family of 5

Hi, we're going to LA in July and we'd like to stay all together in the same room. We are in 2 adults and 3 kids of 8, 13 and 15 yrs old.

We prefer to stay near Sta Monica or West Hollywood. Any recommendation?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

On the right side of your screen, you'll see the Top Questions. Read Where to Stay -- you'll find there a link to a list of hotels that allow 5 in a room, as there are not many.

What is your budget per night for this one room? When is the trip? Will you have a car? What will you do while here?

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
2. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

BrazilianLu, if you go to a search engine such as Expedia.com or Orbitz.com, you can enter the dates of your stay as well as the number and ages of your children. Expedia includes the TripAdvisor rating in their hotel descriptions. You get slightly different results with different websites, so it's worth searching on both.

Best Western Sunset Plaza might work.

Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 75
3. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

Thank you both for the responses!!

I'll check Expedia and the topic Where to Stay.

Our trip to LA is in July (from 3 to 10) and we'll do the classic tour (Chinese Theater, former Kodak, walk of fame, LA Observatory, Universal, Manhattan, Long Beach, Sta Monica, Malibu and Venice, with the possibility of visiting San Diego for a day).

We are intending to spend about USD400/night (x7 nights) and we'll be driving. We'd love to stay in Sta Monica Area..let's see if it's possible

Tks again!! Lu

falkirk
reviews: 12
4. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

Hi Lu

We're a family of five too and tend to book apartments as it works out cheaper and getting a family room for five can be almost impossible in certain places.

Have a look at

www.home away.com

www.vrbo.com (we've recently booked an apartment which is listed with them) and ww.homelidays.com homelidays don't have that many available but it's worth a look.

Good luck I hope you find something to suit :)

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
5. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

I know that th Orchid Suites near the corner of Hollywood and Highland offer rooms for 5, they come with a kitchen, and free breakfast, highly rated at TA, and a decent price.

I think the Magic Castle Hotel, also in the same area allows 5 in the 2 bedroom suites.

www.orchidsuites.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77270-R…

Peak District...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

We are a family of five and have booked the doubletree suites in Santa Monica. Can't recommend it yet as we've not been but I know how hard it can be finding accommodation for 5! Looking forward to the doubletree though as its 2 beds

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 5
7. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

We are also a family of 5 travelling - we are tossing up between the Magic Castle in a 2 bedroom and the Doubletree Santa Monica in a 1 bedroom. I am leaning towards the Magic Castle but I am a little concerned with its location - we were advised to stay out of the Hollywood area

Houston, Texas
reviews: 10
8. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

I stayed in Hollywood with my four kids this March and thought the location was great. We could walk to lots (and felt safe) and it was convenient enough to everything else we wanted to see.

9. Re: Hotel room for a family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014