We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter sunday

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 4
easter sunday

We will be driving over to LA from Palm Springs on Easter Sunday. We will have about 5 hours to spend before catching a flight home later that evening. Was initially thinking of spending the afternoon in Santa Monica, but now the weather is looking iffy for Sunday. Might not be beach weather. Will the shops be open on Easter? Can anyone recommend a place to get a late lunch/early dinner in Santa Monica? Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
1. Re: easter sunday

What type of food / ethnicity? Are you looking for mid-range, something fancier, or ??? Most (but not all) things will be open Easter Sunday - some things are closed on normal Sundays, and some additional things will be closed specifically for Easter but to a large degree places will be open. I

Vancouver
reviews: 4
2. Re: easter sunday

Looking for casual food - not fast food/greasy. We have 3 kids with us, so a place with some variety would be ideal. Realize some places may have Easter brunch, but not really looking for that kind of thing. Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
3. Re: easter sunday

Maybe Lemonade (www.lemonadela.com) in Venice, which is next to Santa Monica. Quite good food there. I don't see anything on their web site about being closed Easter, but I'd contact them to make sure.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
4. Re: easter sunday

The weather will be better in the desert on Easter Sunday, but you need to fly home that day, so might as well leave early. I see that the weather in SM might not be as warm, but still SM is a good place to head. Last year we left the desert at 10 am and it took 3 hours to return to LAX area.

I checked 6 Macy's Stores you might go to in a mall around the airport, and they are all closed on Easter Sunday, but there will be some shopping available.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
5. Re: easter sunday

Frankly, Santa Monica in the rain is not going to be very entertaining, mostly because everything, including shopping, is outdoors.

With three kids, I would go to the Natural History Museum, which will be open on Sunday. My kids could spend 5 hours there if they had the chance! Of course, you may not want to spend that long, but it is entertaining, educational, and indoors!

If you really prefer to shop, the Westside Pavilion in West Los Angeles and the Westfield Culver City mall are both indoors.

6. Re: easter sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2014