We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Is it easy to get a taxi? Any particular company? I'm travelling alone and female so a little concerned. Any suggestions?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
1. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Call for a taxi the night before, or ask the concierge or bell hop at your hotel the night before to arrange a taxi for you. LA is not a town like New York or similar where you can just flag down a taxi on the street - especially at 3 or 4 in the morning when you're going to need the taxi.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Yes, it's easy to arrange for a Taxi. Have the hotel front desk arrange it the day before. That's an early flight are you flying International as we usually suggest extra time needed at the airport.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
3. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Where are you staying? What part of SM? Is the flight international?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 174
4. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

I usually use Taxi!Taxi! who have been very good about being at my house on time. Also easy to remember the phone number: 310-444-4444. The good thing about a 6:00 am flight: LAX is pretty empty and so is Lincoln Blvd., the route you will take from Santa Monica. It should take 20 minutes to get to the airport and, if flying domestically, you probably will only need to be there 1.5 hours before your flight.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
5. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

It would be so much easier to transfer to the airport, the night before and stay at a hotel with a free shuttle to the airport. You'll also be able to sleep a little later if you do. You could transfer to the hotel late in the evening 10 or 11 pm, if you were concerned about spending the last evening in Santa Monica.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Thanks to everyone. I'm staying in a rented apartment, already paid, so perhaps ordering a taxi the night before is best. I'm just concerned that it won't show.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
7. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

You could find an inexpensive hotel at LAX for one night. Check out hotwire.com and select a hotel in the LAX area that is at least 3-stars. Yes, you'd be paying for accommodations at 2 different places for the same night but isn't it worth the extra piece of mind? I've have 'double-booked' this way all over the world. We once took an excursion from Malaga (Costa del Sol -- Spain) to Morocco (to see the Alhambra). It was only a 90 minute drive but we wanted to stay overnight and absorb the nightlife there. We left our apartment rental in Malaga, packed an overnight bag and off we went.

With all the money you're spending on this holiday, what's another $60 or $80 for piece of mind?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 174
8. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Just stay in Santa Monica. Use the taxi I recommended; I have the same fear as you - what if they won't show - and Taxi!Taxi! has never let me down. When you call them, tell them one of their regular customers recommended them via TripAdvisor.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
9. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Sorry, our 90-minute excursion from Malaga was to Granada (not Morocco)!

Melbourne, Australia
10. Re: Santa Monica to LAX airport for a 6am flight.

Thanks heaps. I will do.