We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety and things to in Hollywood

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Safety and things to in Hollywood

Hi, I am hoping that someone can provide some information regarding the safety for a family travelling through Hollywood and LA. I have the pleasure of visiting LA in April 2013 and I am looking for some advice on what is ans isn't safe for a young family. We are staying in Hollywood and we would love to visit the walk of fame and Venice beach. I would also love to visit the Californian science and exhibition centre. Any advice would be very welcome.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

It's safe, don't worry. Those are major tourist spots, you'll be amongst all the tourists.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
2. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

Los Angeles is safe -- no matter whether you're a Jiu Jitsu expert, a family or a single woman. (We don't have separate 'safety standards' for families!).

Like any major city, use common sense. Don't wave around ENORMOUS amounts of cash. Don't wear EXCESSIVELY expensive jewelry. Don't walk down DARK and DESERTED streets at night. If you follow these guidelines, you have nothing to worry about.

Have a great holiday!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
3. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

Where are you staying in Hollywood? Hollywood is pretty safe, especially in the hours you will be out.

How are you intending to get to Venice Beach?

The California Science Center is easy, take the Metro Red Line from Hollywood to Downtown LA and then the Metro Expo Line to the Science Center.

Adelaide
4. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

Thanks for the information. I have some trips planned we are looking forward to having a look at the space shuttle. Also some of the other landing craft.

Adelaide
5. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

Thanks for the information, I have travelled through Asia and the UK. I am looking forward to seeing the sights in and around LA. we are also planning a trip to San Dieago to check out sea world. Of course a trip to the states wouldn't be the same without a trip to Disneyland. Thanks again for your advice.

Table View, South...
reviews: 64
6. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

The one day trip I did might interest you. Took the Starlight hop-on-hop-off from Holywood, it starts at the corner of Highland and Holywood ave's. It goes all the way to Santa Monica, right by the pier. From there make your way to Venice beach. On the way back get of at La Brea Tar Pits, after this take the 2 block walk to the Petersen Automotive museum and from there make your way to the Farmers Market. I walked this part and it took 30 minutes at a leisurely stroll pace.

From here take a taxi back to H&H.

Adelaide
7. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

I would like to thank all that have responded to my post. Your information has helped and as this is my first time at using this forum I have found it very usefull. I have been told by many friends that the American people are very helpful and very friendly so I can't wait to arrive and enjoy. Thanks again.

8. Re: Safety and things to in Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 21, 2014