We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a well presented, clean hotel room / apartment in Los Angeles?

Looking for a room to stay 6 nights at ( Wed 31st July '13 - Tue 6th Aug '13) with free parking ( or at the most, no more than $8 per 24 hour period ). We don't need wi-fi.

Thanks in advance :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 337
1. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

In the Hollywood area you have hotels like the Travelodge Hollywood-Vermont/Sunset, Motel 6 Hollywood, Days Inn Hollywood/Universal Studios and Comfort Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame. Those should all meet your budget.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
2. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

I'll start you off with a recommendation to look at hotwire.com. This website offers hotel rooms at a discount by withholding the name of the hotel until you book. They provide info about the neighborhood in which the hotel is located and they give a list of hotel amenities. For your dates, Hotwire.com is offering lots of properties and a few are in your price range. I'll recommend:

1. The unnamed 3-star hotel in Hollywood with free wi-fi, free breakfast, a fitness center and laundry facilities for $88. This price is BEFORE tax so you'll need to add about 15% to get the total price of the room (which the site will calculate for you once you provide your credit card info). It is approximately $101. While the site doesn't disclose the name of the hotel in advance, based upon its description and the site's history of booking certain hotels in certain neighborhoods, it is MOST LIKELY the Hollywood Hotel on N. Vermont Av aka the Ramada Hotel on Vermont Av (not be confused with the Ramada in WEST Hollywood on Santa Monica Bl). Here are reviews for this hotel (link and SCROLL DOWN for the reviews):

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77237-R…

(You can click on the yellow 'show prices' button to see what the regular prices are for this room),

The hotel charges $18 per night for parking. You might be able to park overnight at no charge but once 8:00 rolls around, you'll need to put money in the parking meter (credit cards are accepted) or you'll get a big ticket.

2.The 3-star in Century City-Westwood for $115 that has free parking, free wi-fi and free breakfast. I'm not sure which hotel this is. It could be the Holiday Inn Express West L.A. on Santa Monica Bl or it could be the Holiday Inn Express -- Century City on Olympic Bl (probably that one) but either way, this is a good price for a 3-star on the west side of L.A. during the summer.

If you use hotwire.com, you need to pre-pay for the entire stay in advance and there are no cancellations but the prices are low. Good luck!

Rancho Santa...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Where does the hotel need to be?

London, United...
4. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

HopSkipJump - thank you so much for taking the time to find some ideas :) Not too keen on the Hollywood hotel, but if the second suggestion is likely to be the Holiday inn on Olymic Boulevard, that looks ok - one of the best I've seen within the budget so far.

I also had a look for a few others, and tried to guess which ones they might perhaps be - I realised I must have converted between dollars and pounds wrong - my budget would be $153 per night inc parking and taxes, but wouldn't mind keeping it cheaper if I can.

Is this one likely to be the Best Western Plus?

www.hotwire.com/hotel/details…

It looks quite modern and clean too - is Torrance a good area to stay in?

I also found this one in the LAX area for $107 a night ... but is it a good idea to stay near the airport?

Then looked at a few 'named' hotels, found the Hilton garden inn for $143 a night in the El Segundo area

Would you recommend / discourage any?

A bit confused over what area would suit us best - we definitely would like to go to the beach, perhaps 2 out of the 6 days. Do some shopping, sightseeing, eat at a few nice restauraunts ... oh and go to a drive in movie ( is that the correct name) ...

Thanks again for all your help.

London, United...
5. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

I should add I'd preferably like to stay in a 3.5 / 4 star property.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
6. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

If you look at any of the tourist areas of the Greater Los Angeles Area, you will see that 3.5 and 4 stars Hotels run $300 and up, and usually have fees such as parking at $20 to $40 per day.

Here is a news article from yesterday talking about average room rates in Orange County.

ocregister.com/news/orange-496396-county-ave…

So you have a few options, raise your price range, lower your star level and accept something more like an Limited Service Hotel, or look at things like Hotwire and Priceline, and gamble on the actual Hotel you will get.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
7. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

No, Torrance and El Segundo are not good areas to stay as they are far from the sights. People do it, but I wouldn't - why come all this way and stay so far away? And with your budget, it's unlikely you'll get a 4 star hotel at that time of year. Stick to the main areas, and try to raise your budget.

London, United...
8. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Thanks for the heads up yogachik, I'll stay away from that area as trying to make the most out of the 6 days.

What are the 3 stars like in LA? In the UK, I am able to get away with some three stars as some of them are really decent ... it is really just a clean, well presented room wtih an ensuite that I'm after ... a pool is a bonus, but I'm not too worried about a fitness centre / restaurant / bar on site. Is it possible to get a good three star with those requirements?

London, United...
9. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Working out finances to see if I can increase the budget ... too many celebrations happening over the next two years!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 66
10. Re: Well presented, clean hotel room needed, budget $110 p.night

Star systems vary from country to country. You might want to take a look at the below link:

superpages.com/supertips/what-is-the-star-ra…