We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

burbank airport check in times

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara...
burbank airport check in times

I'm taking the Amtrak from Santa Barbara to Burbank airport, and then flying southwest to Vegas. The train arrives at 9 a.m. the first flight to Vegas after that time is 9:50 and the next one is at 11:25. I'm wondering if I should risk it and book the 9:50? I plan on checking in online the night before and printing my boarding pass, and not checking any bags. I know it's cutting it close, but since it's a small airport, and on a Thursday, I wonder if it's possible? Also, if I did book the earlier flight and ended up missing it, does it cost a fortune to get on the next available flight?

London, United...
reviews: 118
1. Re: burbank airport check in times

You might make it. And if you don't they might (probably will) get you on the next flight.

But you might not. And they might not. Or they might at a high cost.

It's marginal enough, I think, to say, 'What's 95 minutes?' and book the later flight. You'll be a lot more relaxed about the whole thing in the run up. And that's just as important as and hour and half extra in Sin.

Besides, there's no harm in starting your trip in Burbank with a couple of leisurely cocktails.

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
2. Re: burbank airport check in times

The question is - will your train be on time?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
3. Re: burbank airport check in times

I think you'd be ok, if the train is on time as Mere says. BUR is not a big airport and it usually does not take that long to go through security. But it is a risk. Amtrak is not particularly known for being on time.

Las Vegas
reviews: 13
4. Re: burbank airport check in times

If you miss your flight and there is a seat on the next one, you'll have to pay the difference between your advance purchase fare and the last minute fare. So if you pay $70 for your ticket and miss the flight, they'll charge you $205 to take the next flight minus your $70 credit, which is a total of $135 additional.

Since the next flight is only 90 minutes later, I'd book that one for peace of mind. You won't have to worry and hurry. Plus an 11am arrival in Vegas almost always means a couple of hours wait until you can check into your hotel anyway, so wait a bit in Burbank or wait a bit in Vegas, what's the difference?

Santa Barbara...
5. Re: burbank airport check in times

Thanks for the advice!

6. Re: burbank airport check in times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 20, 2014