We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solvang, California
Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

i will be spending the day in LA in May for a Jazz competition. We perform in the morning, then have to wait until 6:00 pm to be scored, This all occurs near Universal Studios. Where would be some good places to visit while waiting? Such as malls or parks. We will have a car to travel.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
1. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

Right next to Universal Studios is Universal Citywalk, which is a big touristy outdoor mall/entertainment center. I'm sure you could kill some time there. Its also a short drive from Universal over to Hollywood (Hollywood blvd. and Highland Ave.) where you could take in the Hollywood Sign, the Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater etc. And from there a short drive over to the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, or to The Grove / Farmer's Market complex, which also has a big park nearby, or over to the museum area at Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. which has the Petersen Automotive museum, the La Brea Tar Pits / Page Natural History Museum, and the LA County Museum of Art (LACMA) - the latter two share the same grounds a lot of which is park-like.

Solvang, California
2. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

Wow that sounds amazing! I have been hearing alot about the Grove/ Farmers market. What is it like there?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 14
3. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

When you say "near Universal Studios" could you be a little more specific?

Aside from the great suggestions Mach3 threw your way you may want to consider taking the Metro Red line to the Hollywood/Highland center.

The subway station is on the Lankershim side of Universal. You can take one of the handy shuttles that go down the hill, cross the street, then take the Red Line just one stop to Hollywood.

It would be easier to just leave the car where the competition is.

Dr. Z

Solvang, California
4. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

well the performance is usually at a nearby school, it tends to change each year. but the awards ceremony at the end of the day is in the Universal Studios park so we need to stay nearby-ish to get to the ceremony later

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 14
5. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

The nearest school is Rio Vista Elementary and the nearest high school is North Hollywood (both schools I attended).... would it be at one of those?

Solvang, California
6. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

Possibly, it has not been confirmed yet, i just know that the ending ceremonies will be at Universal Studios

7. Re: Entertainment near Universal Studios, LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 14, 2014