We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 1
Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

Please can someone help me with this weird request?! I am travelling from Perth, Australia with the whole family and we will be based in Anaheim but will be travelling around the area. The trouble is I am really scared of going through tunnels on freeways etc. can anyone suggest a route that would get us into central LA without having to go through a tunnel? Also I did look at the Metro line and wrote to them to ask if that line went through any tunnels going into LA from Anaheim, but have not had a reply. Any help would be appreciated as i just dont want to have a "meltdown" in front of everone if I am not prepared!

Los Angeles...
1. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

There aren't any freeway tunnels you go through when traveling up to LA . The Metrolink route doesnt go thigh any tunnels either. However, I would stay way from using the Metro red line as it's all underground.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
2. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

Welcome to the Forums Mandy 1,

Its helpful if you can tell us what you would consider a "tunnel" ?

While there are some places where you may go under an overpass, that would not last more than a few seconds likely. I dont know that there would be any long sort of tunnels to go through that you may have to worry about in general freeways and tourist areas. But I havent been everywhere in LA.

Maybe it would be helpful if you included where you may want to drive to during your stay as well.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
3. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

When the train stops at Union Station in Los Angeles, you'll be let out onto a platform that is outside, alongside of a number of other platforms separated by tracks. To transfer from the platform to the main part of the station, you'll need to descend a staircase and walk through a tunnel into the station. Depending on the track your train arrives on, the length of time in the tunnel will vary.

Perth
4. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

Thank you for your reply. That has definitely made me feel better.

Perth
5. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

Thankyou for your welcome and your reply. My definition of a tunnel for me would be anything where i could not easily see the light at the other end before you enter the tunnel. As far as driving around we would probably look at driving to universal studios, santa monica and san diego.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
6. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

You should be fine then as far as Im aware traveling around, as there shouldnt be any sort of tunnels like what you are describing traveling around in a car. If you are still uncomfortable for some reason, you can post where you are planning on visiting and from where, and you can get more specific info.

Edited: 11:25 am, February 12, 2013
7. Re: Travel from anaheim to LA for a claustraphobic!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014