We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Accom on Hotwire

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 14
Booking Accom on Hotwire

Has any booked a "secret hotel" in Hollywood on Hotwire ? What was your experience like?

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
1. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

I used them all the time. When I stayed in Toronto a few years ago, they gave me a great deal on the Sheraton.

United States
reviews: 15
2. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

You will not be able to change your dates or anything, and you may be hit with hidden charges such as $40 for parking, $15 for wifi, and a $20 per day "resort fee". It all depends on what hotel you get .

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
3. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

We can usually predict which hotel it will be (if it's in Hollywood or one of the other popular neighborhoods) before you actually book/pay on Hotwire.com.

Harold is correct: Parking is extra (but it would be extra if you booked the same hotel directly from hotel's website). The same is true of wi-fi. There are no resort fees in hotels in Hollywood.

In most cases, the more expensive hotels (3-star, 4-star and 5-star) charge extra for wi-fi, parking and sometimes, breakfast). The inexpensive 2-stars do not charge for these things. All of this info is available, though, so, for example, if you were thinking of booking a 4-star in Hollywood that we identified for you as being the Roosevelt (before you booked it), you (or we) can look up the cost of parking and wi-fi in advance so you know what your stay will cost.

In all cases, no matter how you book, there is 'room tax' of approximately 15.3% of the daily 'room rate' which is included in the online cost (when the site you're using provides you with a total). In other words, you don't pay extra for it when you arrive at the hotel -- it's already included in the online cost.

Tell us what you're looking for: the dates of your visit, nightly budget, number of beds that you need (and their size), etc. and we can make recommendations.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
4. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

If you go to a website such as www.betterbidding.com and enter in the amenities, folks might know the exact hotel you will get (of course, educated guess, no promises), and you would then be able to find out the extra charges.

But as mentioned, it is a gamble.

Opting to book a Hotel directly, you can usually find a good deal, using a Frequent Say card can get some fees waived at certain locations. You also know the exact location, and any additional fees that would be charged. Also searching the web can have you find discount codes for many locations.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
5. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

I have to disagree with Harold calling certain charges "hidden". These are really extra charges that one shouldn't always expect to be included in the secret hotel rate. Even if you go to a hotel's website, if the establishment charges WiFi and parking, they will list it separately (or you will get a higher room rate to start).

The use of betterbidding.com can help you a lot when it comes to identifying Hotwire secret hotels or Priceline bids.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 301
6. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

after many years booking my hotels, i was stumped with LA, purely because i never realised how much a standard hotel was

i actually booked jerrys, until people on here persuaded me to cancel

after doing my homework (google+ hotwire hotel revealed) i took the risk and booked 6 nights 3 star hotel downtown for LA fingers crossing it was what i was hoping it'd be according to google

and bingo i got what i expected, Miyako, i'll be going out in a few weeks

as for me, the only charge i'll be paying is parking...haven't looked into wifi, but we'll be out most days anyway

edited...

just checked i got wifi in the price, double bonus!!!

Edited: 9:08 am, February 04, 2013
7. Re: Booking Accom on Hotwire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014