We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celeb spotting in LA

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 4
Celeb spotting in LA

So im travelling to LA from NZ in Nov and really wanna see a celebrity!

I would never interrupt them - no talking, asking for autographs, or take photos of them... just wanna see one in the flesh! haha.

Ive been researching where the best places to spot one are etc but i will be in town thanksgiving weekend...

Do celebrities stay in la for thanksgiving or they go elsewhere?

I know its a hard question to answer but any help will be appreciated.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
1. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

Honestly the best way to "spot" celebrities is to attend a TV show taping instead of trying to encounter one by chance on the street, in a restaurant or at some celebrity "hot spot". But there's unlikely to be much if any taping activity around Thanksgiving so that may not be an option.

Beyond that, celebrities are pretty much like anyone else - some will go out of town for Thanksgiving, others will stay in town. Some will be out and about running errands and going about their business.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
2. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

Check the tab on the right side of this page under top questions. My teen always sees them at The Grove, but on a holiday weekend, I think you might come up empty.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

I would take a bet that you have a greater chance of seeing Hollywood type celebrities touring NZ around that time as you are seeing them around here.

Try a taping like Kimmel or Leno.....

Dr. Z

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
4. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

There are no tapings during the holiday week, sorry. Celebrities are just people and go about their daily lives - they don't gather in any one spot. Also, celebrities don't all live their life the same way so no one can answer you about whether or not famous people travel over Thanksgiving. It's like asking if all blondes are in town that week.

Edited: 5:18 pm, February 01, 2013
5. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, February 06, 2013
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
6. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

Why would you go on a celebrity stalking tour? I have trouble understanding people who get off on seeing a big house or a gate and having someone tell them truthfully or not that it is associated with somebody famous.

Celebrities become more and more isolated because they are harassed by people who aren't satisfied to buy a ticket to see them and have to chase them around in their private lives.

If I were a celebrity and learned that somebody had spent 50 hours plotting

homes, I would engage extra security and alert the police.

Please don't send out your map.

Edited: 11:03 pm, February 05, 2013
7. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, February 06, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
8. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

I don't understand why anyone would go to so much trouble to find private addresses of celebrities, it really is an invasion of their privacy & a little bit creepy.

Back to the original question, celebrities can be hard to recognise at times when they are dressed down & going about their daily business. I usually only notice them when I see others making a fuss. Maroon 5 were at Disneyland when I was there last June & I didn't know who they were, but given the attention others were paying to them, I figured they were famous. It wasn't until they started showing 'The Voice' on Aussie TV, a month or so later, that I worked out who they were.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
9. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

My recommendation has always been, at a professional basketball game, either the Lakers or the Clippers. Does anyone ever listen to me? No.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
10. Re: Celeb spotting in LA

If you come to my neighborhood, Dale, I will call the police if I see you lurking around with your camera. LA has very active neighborhood watch groups reporting suspicious behavior. Lurking around with your cup of coffee and camera will get you lots of attention from the neighbors who value their privacy and are concerned about being robbed. It is not uncommon for robbers to case a neighborhood by hanging about looking for patterns and empty houses. Those of us lucky enough to work at home are quite vigilant, I assure you! Plus, paparazzi laws may affect you.

Please visitors, don't invade anyone's privacy. If celebrities want to be seen, there are many opportunities. Check the link on the right side of this page. It is only polite to mind your own business.

Signed,

Crazy pit bull lady