We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me with an itinerary please

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
64 reviews
Help me with an itinerary please

It will be our first time in California. I'm hoping someone who knows the area can help me sort out what order to do things and what makes the most sense. We will have three full days in th L.A. Area before we head on to Disneyland. We will rent a car because it seems too complicated without one. It's two adults and two kids 13 and 11.

We will be staying at Sheraton Universal and we have one day tickets for Universal.

We want to get pictures of the usual things such as the Hollywood sign, various stars on the Hollywood walk of fame, cement footprints at Graumans Chinese theatre.

We want to do the TMZ bus tour as we watch the show all the time and think it looks fun.

We hope to see a movie at El Capitain theatre and have a meal or snack at Disney Soda Shop.

We want to see Rodeo Drive or at least take a picture. We want to buy cupcakes from Sprinkles ATM.

We're trying to decide if we should go check out The Grove and see what it's like. We might like to go to Pinks hotdogs.

I think those are the main things we want to do. If there are any suggestions for things we shouldn't miss please let me know.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
23,882 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Help me with an itinerary please

Everything you list can be done in one day. Hollywood/Chinese Theater/El Capitan movie/Disney Soda Shop/Walk of Fame - that is one morning. TMZ tour is a couple hours. Pinks on this day.

Rode Drive and Sprinkles can be combined with The Grove and Farmers Market, which is a day. Find a day for Santa Monica and Venice!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
27,696 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Help me with an itinerary please

Many of these things are next to one another (or across the street):

1 From the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Avenue:

a. This is a 10 minute drive from your hotel or a 5-minute metro rail ride (there is a metro rail station on the northwest corner of the intersection).

b. You can view the Hollywood sign from the rear of the plaza of the Hollywood & Highland Center Mall which is above the aforementioned metro rail station

c. The Mall is on the Hollywood walk of fame which runs along Hollywood Bl starting at La Brea Av (3 blocks to the west of the Mall) to Vine St (about 1 mile / 1.6 km) to the east.

d. The cement footprints at Graumans Chinese theatre are less than 1-minute's walk from the above intersection.

e. The TMZ tour departs from in front of the Chinese Theater.

f. The El Capitan Theater is across the street from the metro rail station and the Disney Soda Shop is next to the theater.

Here's a map of all of these sites: http://mapq.st/WfUWUo

(The metro rail station is between point A & point B. The Hollywood & Highland Center Mall is the gray area above points A, B and C.

BTW, in front of the metro rail station is a bus stop with buses that go to (among other places) the Grove/Farmers Market. From there (or even before you reach those sites) you can transfer to a bus to Beverly Hills.

If you want some history and access to places not ordinarily open to the public, consider taking a walking tour of Hollywood with RedLineTours.com

Their offices (and the starting point for their tour) is a few steps east of the northeast corner of Hollywood Bl & Highland Avenue (on the north side of Hollywood Bl).

canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Help me with an itinerary please

Perfect. Thanks to both of you. So would it be fairly easy to do these sights without a car? We were planning to rent one but it seems like everyone charges for parking. Maybe we could push the rental off a few days if Hollywood/LA is easy to do on public transportation.

4. Re: Help me with an itinerary please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 19, 2014