We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to see the celebs

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
where to see the celebs

Where's the best place to go celeb spotting. Lol.I live in hope!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1. Re: where to see the celebs

I'm not a stalker, just a visiting kiwi!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
Level Contributor
33,681 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: where to see the celebs

Check the Top Questions on the LA forum. There is one titled "Where Can I See Celebreties?" I think the best would be to get tickets to a taping of a show.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
11,243 posts
207 reviews
3. Re: where to see the celebs

That link refered to by RamblinSal is a very good place to start. My kids always see someone at The Grove shopping center. I never notice!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
41,735 posts
408 reviews
4. Re: where to see the celebs

There is no rhyme or reason as to when and where you are going to see a celebrity. The odds are higher in Malibu at the high end restaurants and the Malibu Country Mart and in high end restaurants in Beverly Hills, but it is no guarantee. Seeing a taping is the only sure fire way, especially a show like Ellen or the Tonight Show.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
14,829 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: where to see the celebs

Laker games.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: where to see the celebs

Almost anywhere---keep your eyes open. Someone is asking about the Ellen show on this board---I was having dinner one night at Prego Restorante in Beverly Hills, a nice Italian place, moderately priced for the area, with an empty table next to me. Just after I ordered, the host came by and seated two women next to me---Ellen and a girlfriend. Also have had dinner next to Tom Selick in that restaurant and spied Lauren Bacall across the room.

One afternoon I was walking down Rodeo Dr. in B.H. behind a short, stocky black man (more like a huge black boulder). We got to the corner and had to stop for the traffic light to change. I looked to my left and it was Mike Tyson! Had a similar expeience on Rodeo another day except it was a female that turned out to be Nicole Kiddman. Also, ran into to "Kramer" in the soup aisle at a "Ralphs Supermarket" around midnight in Studio City. Based on seeing him there that night, I would say that he wasn't acting on Seinfeld, he really IS like that! So, ya just never know. (shrug)

Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
7. Re: where to see the celebs

Lindsay Lohan can almost certainly be scene in the LA county jail :)

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: where to see the celebs

Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Malibu. Maybe. Growing up decades ago in that part of LA, well-known actors could be seen almost daily, just living their lives. But that was before the rise of the "celeb" phenomenon. Even nowadays, though, many famous actors lead relatively normal, low-key lives and are hardly "celebs"-- those, you might see.

Don't bother looking in Pasadena, though. They are not here.

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: where to see the celebs

I've seen several celebs at LAX. But the Fred Segal store in Santa Monica was a real hot spot - that was years ago... I think it's still a hip store... My bank account isn't quite large enough and my butt isn't quite small enough to shop there anymore. LOL!

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
668 posts
1 review
10. Re: where to see the celebs

Keep alert and your eyes peeled because celebs are very different off screen than on....the glamour is gone and they are just regular folk with facial flaws, bad hair and most times a lot shorter than you think, especially the men. I saw (during the 80's) Rod Stewart getting gas, Penny Marshall and Rob Reiner at a McDonald's, Ed McMahon at Burbank Airport, John Travolta between shoots on a movie location. He was easier to spot because I noticed a cluster of RV, trailer type vehicles parked together and knew it was probably a film company doing a location shoot ( I think it was the movie he did with Lily Tomlin...I forget the name). A few years a go I saw Dakota Fanning and her family picking out a Christmas tree. Also saw Mare Winningham and some kids (hers?) coming out of a seven eleven. Nowadays I don't keep up w pop culture or celebs/sports, etc so I don't know anybody anymore, lol.