We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Hi, I am traveling to los angeles next month and I found this company named, Arrow Rent A car. They offered me a good rate. Does anybody know them? here is their website:

www.carrentalla.com

19 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Welcome to Trip Advisor. May I suggest you rent from a Top Tier company so as to avoid any issues. Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo or Enterprise would be the ones you should look at and please make sure you provide your country of residence to get a rate that includes insurance.

I would avoid these low tier rental car companies even if they offer Free cars

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 342
2. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

>>>I would avoid these low tier rental car companies even if they offer Free cars<<<

Agree 100%

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
3. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

You should also look at Carhire3000.com as this is a third-party booking agency that offers top tier car hire to non-U.S, citizens WHICH INCLUDES the insurance you'll need.

As mentioned above, if you go directly to one of the top-tier sites like Avis.com, be sure to indicate your country of residence as that will prompt the site to provide a quote which INCLUDES INSURANCE. If you fail to make a reservation that INCLUDES INSURANCE, you'll need to buy it 'at the counter' of the car hire agency and it will cost A LOT more than if you arrange for it in advance.

As I recall, the Enterprise.com site does not quote insurance so you'd have to either wait until you arrived to inquire about it or call the LAX location and inquire as to their insurance rates.

Over recent years, a number of U.S. car hire companies have bought one another. As of today, the following are affiliated with one another:

a. Hertz/Advantage

b. Enterprise/Alamo/National

c. Avis/Budget

Edited: 6:10 pm, October 25, 2012
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 16
4. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

And Dollar/Thifty are owned by "Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group" which Hertz is either trying to buy or has bought http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57500698/hertz-buying-dollar-thrifty-for-about-$2.3b/

Auckland, New...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

The problem with all of the 'top-tier' rental companies is that they charge upwards of $25 per day for being under 25! My friend and I are travelling to LA shortly and he will be exactly one month off 25, yet that means it will cost around twice the price! Is there any way around this? Arrow seems to be one of the only companies I've found that don't charge a fee.

Glendale, Arizona
reviews: 8
6. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Hi,

i realize that this is a bit last minute, nevertheless here are my 5 cents:

I rented a car from Arrow-rent-a-car recently and up until now I am very happy. Good service, friendly staff, unbeatable rates - really cant complain. I will update you all once I have returned the car!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
7. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

wateveritwas ~ if you're from the Dunedin in FL, then you may have to pay the high fee or hope for the best with a second or third tier company.

If you're from the Dunedin in New Zealand, you can probably find an offer from a 3rd party booking company that includes the under-age fee. Check with TravelJigsaw / CarHire3000 for a start.

mark w ~ hope things continue to go well for you.

And welcome to TripAdvisor forums to all three of you. I hope you'll be participating in lots of discussions in the future.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
8. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Hertz got clearance from the FTC and announced the completion of the Dollar/Thrifty group merger this week.

One thing to watch out for, Hertz has to give up 29 Airport locations under the Dollar/Thrifty name to help promote competition with other companies.

fool.com/investing/general/2012/11/20/news-h…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
9. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

>>>Hertz got clearance from the FTC and announced the completion of the Dollar/Thrifty group merger this week.

Darkbeer Thank you very much for keeping us abreast of the merger/acquisition by Hertz of these companies. If this is just an FYI , sure, thank you very much for that info but if there is a reason for posting it which affect travelers for sure please let us know if you have had first hand experience with service or with the type of cars that these companies have rented or with rates ?

Has this reduced the number of complaints that people seem to have with Dollar at LAX ?

Have rates changed ?

Has service improved?

Has management made any announcements to that effect that would change rates, improve customer service ?

Should this acquisition make people go more toward renting from them? If so what specific reasons do you have?

Edited: 8:26 pm, November 25, 2012
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
10. Re: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?

Post 8 was a response to post 4. And since it JUST happened this week, it will take months for the merger to actually reach the individual locations.

But the impact of the 29 less Dollar/Thrifty airport locations might have an impact for those who have used the company, or have gotten them assigned by companies like carhire3000.

Also for those who are planning to use the Advantage brand, as that is being sold by Hertz as part of the FTC agreement.

Edited: 8:34 pm, November 25, 2012
Reply to: Does anybody know ARROW RENT A CAR , in Los Angeles?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted