We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
reviews: 1
Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Hi myself and my fiancé are getting married in Vegas at the beggining of April next year. After a week in Vegas we are spending a week in California, the final 3 days of which we will be in Santa Monica. We will have a car and want to spend one day at universal studios and one day looking at the sights in Hollywood. My question is which way round should we do it? The dates are Sunday 14th April and Monday 15th April.

Thanks for your help.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
11. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

thornton, there's still no reason to go to that area twice, when it is easily done in one day.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
12. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Many folks take a full day to do the Hollywood area, heck, one Wax Museum takes about 2 hours to see by itself, add the other tourist attractions, some shopping and a meal, and maybe a Starline Tour such as the TMZ tour or the tour of Movie Star Homes, and you have a full day. It all depends what you want to do....

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
13. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Central Hollywood and Universal City (where Universal Studios is located) aren't side by side, but are just a few minutes apart by car, separated by the Hollywood Hills. I could easily see the sights in Hollywood in a couple of hours (really less than one might expect, IMHO), but some would want more time. And you may even want a more in-depth studio tour than you'd get at Universal, and most of those aren't in Hollywood (Paramount Studios is, but Warner Bros. is in Burbank and Sony is in Culver City-- closest one to Santa Moncia or Venice).

Nottingham
14. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

I think we will just stick with the original plan of one day in universal and one day in Hollywood. I suppose to someone who lives in the area, Hollywood may not seem very thrilling but we are travelling thousands of miles and have never been before. We want to make sure we see all of the sites rather than going home wishing we'd spent more time there.

Manchester, England
reviews: 34
15. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Congratulations Thornton, we got married in Vegas in 2007.

Dark beer, thanks for your suggestions . I have found them very helpful. We are staying at Santa Monica for three nights in April and also want to visit Universal and Hollywood, taking in all the attractions you mentioned. Is the low cost car park easy to find? We have driven down Sunset Boulevard once before....it was like a race track!!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
16. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Yes, the Hollywood and Highland Center is easy to find, it is large and visable....

http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com/

hollywoodandhighland.com/information/parking

Manchester, England
17. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Darkbeer ....thanks for quick reply and info...that information is exactly what I have been looking for.

Thanks again

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
18. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Here is a link to a discount offer for four of the more popular Hollywood attractions.

http://www.citypass.com/hollywood

If you do all 4 attractions in the same day, you are looking at 6+ hours of things to see and do, and that doesn't cover the other popular attractions like the Grauman's Chinese Theater, the view of the Hollywood sign and other free things to see and do.

FYI, you can buy the CityPASS at the link, or any of the four attractions mentioned when you arrive.

Manchester, England
19. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

The city pass looks great and excellent value for money. We will be buying a pass. There is so much to do and see.

Thanks for the link :)

Nottingham
20. Re: Universal studios and Hollywood - which days

Coops - where did you get married? So glad we've made the choice to do it in Vegas rather than at home. When in April are you staying in Santa Monica?