We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skateboarding Trip Suggestions

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 4
Skateboarding Trip Suggestions

Hello, I'm taking my son (12 years old) on a skateboarding trip to southern CA in April for a week. We would like to split our time between LA and San Diego. Can anyone suggest good skateboard parks we should try to visit? We will probably also go to Universal Studios and some beaches. We would also like suggestions for beaches, fun places to visit and places to stay. We'll have a rental car for transportation. Thanks!

southcarolina
reviews: 23
1. Re: Skateboarding Trip Suggestions

Vans Skateboard Park (The Block located in Orange). There is a website below that shows other parks as well.

www.socalskateparks.com/park/VansTheBlock

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
2. Re: Skateboarding Trip Suggestions

The above website lists them all - everyone loves the new one on Olympic Blvd (at 17th) in Santa Monica.

for beaches - take him to the Pier (at the end of Colorado Ave), or Venice Beach (end of Washington), or go 20 minutes north to Malibu.

Given your desire to be near skateparks, I suggest staying in Santa Monica (your son can skateboard everywhere you want to go - restaurants, shops, the boardwalk)

Maryland
reviews: 4
3. Re: Skateboarding Trip Suggestions

Thanks for the tips!