We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire questions

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Car hire questions

Hi

Could anyone suggest a good car hire company. Any companies that drop off the car - I don't really want to drive from the airport but don't mind driving it back.

Like to hire something a bit different too - maybe a mini or jeep. Any suggestions. Any companies based actually in Hollywood?

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
1. Re: Car hire questions

Not sure if there's one in Hollywood, but I know I've seen a Budget rental car office in North Hollywood, on Lankershim Blvd. near Universal Studios.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 55
2. Re: Car hire questions

If you go on travelocity.com or expedia.com and click on the "car" tab, you can compare all of the car hire firms side-by-side. When it enquires where you'd like to pick up the car, instead of selecting "at an airport", select "near an address" and input your hotel's address. Another easy way to find a car hire company near your hotel is to contact the hotel.

Enterprise rent a car's slogan is "We'll pick you up" so I'm certain that you'd be able to locate an office of theirs that is near your hotel. Enterprise's website is enterprise.com

Their Ivar Ave office is in Hollywood, about 1 km from the city centre. Try this link:

www.enterprise.com/car_rental/location.do…

Hertz has an office in the very center of Hollywood at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel at 1755 N. Highland Ave (Just north of Hollywood Bl). Here's the link to that Hertz location:

https:/…

but you'll need to alter the date of the rental by clicking on "make a change" in the right column next to the word "when".

Good luck!