We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba, Canada
reviews: 4
Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Hi, I know how the ticket request system works for Ellen, but am unsure of one thing -- for the January calendar, on the first week it shows "Tickets not available" but after that, it doesn't say anything, yet it doesn't let me click on the dates I want. Does this just mean these dates are not yet released and I need to keep checking? (I hope this is what it means!)

If so -- does anyone know what time of day they typically open up?

One more thing -- I'm thinking I should maybe request for a Thursday, as I believe there are 2 tapings that day so we'd have a better chance of getting tickets. Am I right about this? (Thursday is not the best day for our travel schedule but I'll choose it if it means we're more likely to get in!)

Thanks for any help!

Amesbury...
1. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Yes, it means they are not opened up yet, and there is no set schedule as to when they open up.

The first week of January they are still down for the holidays so that's why they are unavailable.

I heard that they no longer shoot twice on Thursday, they shoot once per day five days a week now. But I'm not sure about that, nor do we know if it will be the same come January when she starts doing American Idol.

Manitoba, Canada
2. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Thanks so much for the reply! Very helpful. I will check in frequently in hopes of getting in. (I had thought the first week might have been blocked off for that reason)

Good to know re the Thursday thing. Maybe I'll contact them to ask.

Hadn't thought about the Idol factor... good tip!

Los Angeles
reviews: 11
3. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

I am pretty sure it has to do with her American Idol Schedule and how it will work out in regards of tapings come January

As mentioned before,. first week of the year will be dark aka no taping. They should have taping schedules for January on there Website sometime in November though, so check it frequently

Manitoba, Canada
4. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Hi again, thanks for your tips... the date we wanted came up on Ellen's site on Monday afternoon and I submitted the request within 2 hrs of them going up (maybe less; I just hadn't checked the site in a couple of hours). But now it's Wed night and the date still shows tickets available... I thought these things went like crazy? So is this a good sign, or a bad sign for me? I just find it strange.

I'm waiting / hoping with fingers crossed for a phone call... But I suppose they wouldn't call until at least it changes to "no tickets available"?

Thanks!

Los Angeles
5. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

You have to understand that there are various reasons tickets for the general public would be avail or not. The guest of that days show could have made special requests, WB might had some VIP's, even people who work there might have families who want to see te show

Basically a audience coordinator has to work all these requests and might not know until the week of the taping how many tickets there would be available. (Lots of egos to satisfy)

Your request will probably be fine, dont expect a phonecall but rather a e-mail confirmation once it is closer to the taping date

Manitoba, Canada
6. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Just thought I'd follow up and report that I just got the phone call from the Ellen show and we have confirmed tickets for January! YIPPEE!!!!

They'll be mailing me a package but I was so excited I forgot to ask what time the show will be (it's a Thursday so I am not sure if they still have 2 shows that day).

Thanks again for everyone's help / explanations!

Los Angeles
7. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Congratulations! I am sure you will have a blast!

London, Canada
8. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

i requested tickets on the 23rd of november as well...for the january 14th show...i still haven't heard anything...i really hope i do soon...i want to use this as a christmas present for my girlfriend! (i have a back up present dont worry).

Toronto
reviews: 2
9. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

we have tickets for Jan 7th show....where are you staying?? we are soo unsure where to book a hotel in hollywood or Burbank...as we will be relying on public transportation to get around....we have tickets to Jay leno and the price is right that week!! we will wanna have a few drinks at nite and be able to walk back to our room

Manitoba, Canada
10. Re: Online request for Ellen tickets - question

Hey Jim, good luck, I hope you hear soon!

Lynn -- we haven't booked a place yet as we're still figuring out everything we want to do. Probably will stay in Hollywood / West HW though. Lots of good advice on here though that might help you.

I'm so excited for the show, can't wait to find out who the guests are the day we go!