We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Going to take some friends and an aunty to see Spamalot at the Ahmanson Theater in downtown LA. I'm not at all familiar with that area. Can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant that late 70's lady would like ( ie- no over-trendy scene restaurants or chains)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
1. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

What day of the week? And matinee or evening performance?

My top recommendations for most days of the week would be Kendall's Bistro at the Ahmanson, McCormick & Schmick's or Nick & Stef's.

McCormick & Schmick's and Nick & Stef's have shuttles to the theater so you can park there and ride the shuttle. I think Ciudad & Pinot Bistro also have shuttles, but I am not sure where parking is for them.

LA
Destination Expert
2. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Wednesday evening performance.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
3. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

So all the above will be open from lunch on.

Kendall's Bistro, Nick & Stef's and Pinot Bistro all Joachim Splichal restaurants and very good.

McCormick's is seafood, but they have other choices and Ciudad is the signature restaurant of the "Two Hot Tamales", Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger.

LA
Destination Expert
4. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Which of these would be more "special" for a birthday. I just found out one of the party is having a birthday that day!

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
5. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Scott means Cafe Pinot (near the library) not Pinot Bistro (which is in the Valley). I get the names mixed up too. Cafe Pinot has a great atmosphere for a birthday. I had lunch there recently and was pleasantly surprised.

If cost is an issue but you might want to check the menus ahead of time, some of these are pretty expensive.

Kendall's gets some bad reviews although haven't been there myself. If Zagat is giving it a 17 I'm not going to take a chance.

McCormick & Schmick's really isn't that great and they have a lot of people coming for the happy hour in the bar so it can be a little slow on the service.

If you want something a little less expensive consider Roy's downtown location. They usually have a good prix- fixe pre theatre deal. Call for details.

www.roysrestaurant.com

LA
Destination Expert
6. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Oh, Roy's sounds perfect.

Thanks so much mlgb- That's just the thing we are looking for!

Windsor, California
7. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Pinot Cafe is free corkage if that matters to you.

California
8. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Do you have a budget or is that not an issue? If not, why not go all out and take her to Morton's Steakhouse??

Los Angeles...
9. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

Also, when you say "near" the Ahmanson Theatre, how close do you want to be? Walking distance?

Southern California
10. Re: Restaurants near Ahmanson Theater

I was going to say the same thing. If cost isn't an issue, Morton's would be a good choice, or Engine Company too.