We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 hours LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
5 hours LAX

I've got 5 hours waiting time at LAX. Is there anything to do nearby to get me out of the airport? Your help will save my sanity!!

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
1. Re: 5 hours LAX

Five hours isn't much time to get out and back to the terminal for your next flight. One place you may like to go, is The Encounter Restaurant located in the theme building in the middle of LAX. They serve lunch, dinner and dessert. Menus and more information can be found at www.encounterrestaurant.com.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
2. Re: 5 hours LAX

I'd go a little farther. There's a very nice outdoor shopping and restaurant complex in Manhattan Beach -- just 8 miles from the airport, straight down Sepulveda Blvd. It's called Manhattan Village and it's easy to get to either by cab or by bus. If, by cab, pick up any cab and tell them you want to go to the Manhattan Village Shopping Center on Sepulveda just past Rosecrans Avenue. The fare shouldn't be more than about $10.

If by bus, you need to get to the Airport's "Bus station" which is just outside the gates to the airport. To get there, take the free shuttle bus from outside any baggage claim area that is marked:

"Lot C Shuttle (AIRPORT PARKING - 96TH ST)." That shuttle (which takes 5-15 minutes picking up other passengers throughout the airport) will drop you at Parking Lot C. When you arrive at the giant parking lot, get off at the first stop (just inside the gates) and walk back through the gates onto the sidewalk. Turn left and the "bus station" (which we call the "LAX Transit Station" is there and looks like a miniature Heathrow waiting area for coaches. At dock #8, take the Metro Bus 232 (LONG BEACH TRANS. MALL) to the mall.

The bus will turn onto Sepulveda Bl shortly after you get onto it and it's a straight shot to Manhattan Beach. You'll pass an isolated area with a golf course and oil fields and then, the intersection of Rosecrans Av. Get off at the next stop: "30th Street (and Sepulveda)". The shopping area is across the street.

Follow the reverse instructions to return, remembering to enter the parking lot after getting off the metro bus and taking the free shuttle back into the airport.

I suggest taking a cab to the shopping center and the bus back. Keep in mind that you will not be able to hail a cab at the shopping center so make a note of the cab company's phone number when you take it from the airport so that you will be able to call for a cab should you want to.

This is a very pleasant place to spend 2 or 3 hours. Cool ocean breezes, nice stores and some very nice, moderately priced restaurants -- many with outside dining.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
3. Re: 5 hours LAX

By the way, you can look up the schedule for the Shuttle Bus and Metro Bus at the website:

mta.net

NOTE: This website erroneously directs you to pick up the shuttle bus at the "Tom Bradley International Terminal". In reality, the shuttle bus stops at ALL terminals -- just outside the baggage claim area. Ask to be directed to the platform where the "parking lot shuttles" will pull up. Make sure you go to Parking Lot C (not some other parking lot!).

The travel time by bus (including waiting time between the shuttle and the bus) should be about 30 minutes. A cab should be able to do it in 10 to 15 minutes.

The website for the shopping center is:

www.shopmanhattanvillage.com

Good luck and have fun.

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
4. Re: 5 hours LAX

I agree with Manhattan Beach. It's such a nice place with the ocean breezes and just relaxing. I work near the area, and always enjoy lunch at the beach. If have 5 hours waiting time at LAX, I'd go to Manhattan Beach, stop by the pier. There are a variety of little shops and restaurants near the Manhattan Beach Pier(on Manhattan Beach Blvd). You can stroll the shops, grab a bite to eat or just relax by the beach. Very close from LAX.

Hermosa Beach...
5. Re: 5 hours LAX

There's a complimentary shuttle ("The Ocean Express") that travels between LAX and hotels and the Manhattan Village Mall. I don't have the details, but call (310) 216-7328 for more information.