We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Deluxe Rent-a-car is the most horrible rental company on the face of the planet. Please don't waste your time on this company--their low price is not worth the headache of their complete incompetence and lack of quality service.

I had the absolute worst time talking to their representatives. I had a flight arriving at 3 in the morning and I had to argue with their rep for hours because their rental policy is shady...AND THEY DON'T LET YOU KNOW THAT AHEAD OF TIME.

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL THEIR POLICIES BEFORE YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY.

Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

1. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:13 am, June 26, 2009
New York City, New...
reviews: 115
2. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Please post reviews on review sites for this purpose: yelp.com, citysearch.com, etc.

Seattle WA
reviews: 64
3. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

I concur. BEWARE of DELUXE. They are unethical.

The rental agreement is full of exhorbitant penalty fees and a snare to trap people. I was fighting a parking ticket in LA County, which was mistakenly issued, when Deluxe swooped in, paid the ticket and added their own $125 on top, with out ever getting my permission. I did not need their intervention.

When I called to ask them about the unauthorized VISA charge they transferred my call to a line where you leave a message and it never gets answered. I've been had. They are preying on people. I don't know how they will ever get any repeat business.

It looks like the sort of place that would close up in the middle of the night and reopen with a new name. You are better off paying a little more for a reputable rental car company which is honest, not to mention cleaner newer cars, less waiting time, and legitimate. Someone should go after these guys and shut them down.

east brunswick, n.j.
reviews: 1
4. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

I concur..

Deluxe Rent-a-car is the very worst car rental place I've ever used..

have been renting cars for well over 30 years and have a variety of experiences from all over the world.

the Los Angeles location (not sure if they have others) was the Very Worst ~ I should have checked this site prior to renting a car from them.

they were late in picking me up (45 minutes).

once we got to their far away location only one clerk was helping customers even thou the line got longer. several people were in the back and could see us thru the window but were only interested in using the computer and talking to one another.

then some slimy man came out from the back to help us. it took him 20 minutes to fill out the simple rental car application and then he took us to our car and relunctantly indicated damage that was on the car - on the contract..

return was just as bad,

rude lady who didn't want to be bothered

no waiting bus

asked when the bus would arrive, was told it was in transit. it came ONE HOUR later!! we almost missed our flight.

YES, you will save a few dollars - but it's not worth the aggravation.

Portland, Maine
reviews: 24
5. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Awful - we reserved a Toyota Matrix (specifically selected a Matrix over the Corolla which they offer), from carrentals.com by way of the kayak.com website, they gave us a Corolla (at first, without remote keyless entry) but I refused to take it because the "check engine" light came on. We are now driving a PT Cruiser which seems questionable as to it's maintenance, and where it looks like the back seat hasn't been cleaned in several years. We're going to San Diego, and then out to the desert. I hope it makes it. When I asked if we could take a newer car Corolla that was just sitting there in their garage (there were about 12 of them.) we were told "they just weren't ready" to be rented out.

I'll update how the rest of the week/rental goes if it doesn't meet up to expectations.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 175
6. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Hey this post is from 2008

Los Angeles
reviews: 11
7. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

These are basically spam/slander posts. Look at the posts, each and everyone who post in regards of Deluxe Rent a car either posted DONT RENT FROM THEM with there first or second post to never be heard of it again. We get them at least once a month here, same DONT RENT FROM THEM with a first post, probably a competitor. They might be horrible, i dont know as I never rented from them but I would not take posts like these as facts or " real " experiences

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 60
8. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

Posted this some time ago. Just wanted to get my message across. So I am posting it again:

I ended up yesterday a DELUXE RENT A CAR.

What a nightmare it was. Lost almost 3 hours of my time.

My usual rental company (Alamo) had very high rates so ended up going to DELUXE instead. Waited in line for 40 minutes and heard the sales pitch about insurance coverage to every customer. Basically everyone was forced to buy coverage. I am a California resident and I was asked my proof of insurance which I didn't have, got my insurance company involved but DELUXE wasn't happy with the minimum coverage. ALl the employees I dealt with had an attitude, very impolite in one case. After an hour of waiitng to get the problems solved, getting the fax from my insurance company, I went online from my laptop. Got a deal on hotwire, and used the shuttle bus to get back to the airport and was at Hertz in no time. This is the worst "near rental" experience I ever had and I feel sorry for everyone that has to deal with this unprofessional staff and this company with bad ethics. When I said I would write a review on tripadvisor about that experience, I was told "we make sure there are good reviews too", really?

9. Re: Deluxe Car Rental - Los Angeles, California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 19, 2009