We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Tours are they worth the price

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Advice on Tours are they worth the price

There are soo many tours advertised that go by the stars homes, and all the tourist attractions, incl the Hollywood sign. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the various tours. Which ones to avoid?

Hollywood, CA
reviews: 7
1. Re: Advice on Tours are they worth the price

I know from experience, I'm a hotel manager in Hollywood and we send guests on them all the time. Starline Tours is really good. They're dependable and give really good information. Just be aware....the "Stars Homes" tours (all of them) should be renamed, "Walls and Fences of the Stars Homes". If you want to see stars' homes, the best thing to do is to rent a car, but a "Map to the stars homes" from a vendor on Sunset Blvd, and do it on your own time. You pick exactly which ones you want to see and there won't be anyone rushing you.

Starline has many options from which to choose, you can't go wrong.

Have a great time in Los Angeles!!!

Darren Ross

Magic Castle Hotel

Toronto
2. Re: Advice on Tours are they worth the price

Thanks for your advice.

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 2
3. Re: Advice on Tours are they worth the price

i've had a good look at all of the tour companies on the web for tours and I've booked the night tour with starline tours as they seem to offer best value for money. in our case we are only in LA for 1 day so we want to see the sights and the tour seems to do all of the major ones. did look at hiring a limo to do it but it was just a bit expensive and you don't get a guide or anything.

have a great time!!! I can't wait

Taunton
reviews: 16
4. Re: Advice on Tours are they worth the price

I really would suggest that taking a tour is a good idea.

Travelling by car in LA even with a map can be really confusing.

My family and I took a tour of LA last year and it was brilliant and very worthwhile.

Whichever tour company you take the Hollywood sign will be miles away. They take you to a viewing point and if you are really lucky and the air is clear you may see it (if you have good eye sight and binoculars).

Apologies but I cannot remember the tour company that we took.