We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

Can anyone tell me how far these two places are from eachother? I would like to check out CBS in the morning then check out the grove mall then over to universal stuidos.

hollywood
reviews: 5
1. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

with no traffic, i'd say 20 minutes or so.

what did you want to check out at cbs? they don't give tours...so you'll just look at a building.

Toronto
2. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

LOL.. Well Isnt that where price is right is taped and maybe i can get to view other tapings? Am i thinking of the wrong place?

hollywood
3. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

the cbs next to the grove is where price is right is taped, yes. but unless you have a ticket to see it (which is pretty much an all day event), you won't see anything. they don't allow you to view any tapings unless you have a ticket for something.

mostly daytime shows are taped there...price is right, bold & beautiful, young & restless. and late night with craig ferguson. the only ones you could possibly acquire tickets for are late night and price...if they're taping that day.

otherwise, you really will only be able to look at the building. no tours or anything.

Toronto
4. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

Ya I got tickets to Price is right and i know i need to be there at 4am and wait in line until 8ish and then if i get in then i need to come back at 10 or something. Then after that the taping is over at 4 or something. I dont think i will have time to do it all as i just found out that universal closes at 6.

hollywood
5. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

lol. okay, as long as you know what you're getting into. i think 4am might be a little early...you sure you want to do that on your vacation????

hope you enjoy your time here. i've been reading your posts and it sounds like you're interested in the whole hollywood experience. i don't know when you'll be here, but sometimes you can watch (from a distance) movie premieres and see the stars walk the red carpet. that too, can be a waiting game, but on occasion the stars will come over and sign autographs. here is a listing of upcoming premieres.

www.seeing-stars.com/Calendar/index.shtml

Cali
6. Re: Driving distance between Universal studios and CBS?

When are you coming to LA? Universal only closes till 6 through June 10.