We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
reviews: 2
Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

I will be staying at the L.A. Renaissance Hotel Airport in June for 3 nights. I will not have a car. Can anyone suggest restaurants and about a half a day of sightseeing within walking distance? I will need 3 restaurants for dinners. I am looking for something at a moderate price as I am on a cheap expense account from work. I would really appreciate any feedback about sightseeing, restuarants and the hotel. Thanks for the help.

los angeles, ca
reviews: 13
1. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

If you can, I'd suggest to rent a car. You're not too far from Manhattan Beach to the south of LAX or Marina Del Rey to the north of LAX. There's many restaurants to choose from in the Manhattan Beach area, especially close to the beach and pier.

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

For a half day of sightseeing, and if you don't want to rent a car, how about taking a bus? Check with the hotel about taking their shuttle to LAX -- pick up the LAX Shuttle #C to the Bus Depot.

Then Board the Santa Monica Bus #3 to 4th st & Colorado Blvd, and go to the Santa Monica Pier Area.

I'm sure the Renaissance Hotel will have other suggestions, also.

St. Louis
3. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

Thanks for the suggestion, but is there anything within walking distanc. I don't mind walking several miles. What about restaurants near that area?

Santa Clarita...
4. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

I only fly in and out of LAX, and my observations would be that it is not a "walking" neighborhood. The Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica) is 75 cents, and drops you off about 3 blocks from the beach. At the beach, you can walk for miles; find restaurants, or get your feet wet.

St. Louis
5. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

Thanks Mere. Where do you catch the Blue Bus? Does it run both ways at night also?

Santa Clarita...
6. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

As I mentioned earlier, check with the hotel - maybe the LAX Bus Transit Center is fairly close to your hotel, or maybe they will drop you off there.

Other option is to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport, and pick up the free LAX Shuttle #C to the Bus Center/Parking Lot. Look for the sign, "Shuttle" at each terminal (Allow 20-30 minutes for this)

There you will board the Big Blue Bus #3 (Santa Monica, and yes, it is blue). Allow 30 minutes for this ride. You probably will want to get off at Ocean Park - ask the driver. 75 cents.

I checked the schedule and the last bus leaves Santa Monica at 11:15 p.m. You may need to check the hotel's shuttle service times, also.

For information on the Big Blue Bus - go to Google and type in Santa Monica Big Blue Bus Schedule. When it comes up, you want Line 3, and you can click on maps/destinations, etc. It's very clear. Enjoy!

Santa Clarita...
7. Re: Renaissance L.A. Hotel Airport

I just did Mapquest, and it's a mile from your hotel to the LAX transit center. However, I would check out the neighborhood before walking this. I used the hotel address and then 9600 S. Sepulveda LA.