We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, UK
reviews: 10
Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

We are picking up a cruise ship to Mexico in September from the LA cruise centre and would like to stay in a really nice hotel two days prior to the cruise. The hotel needs to be close enough to the terminal, preferably on a beach with restaurants and shops close by. I have considered Long Beach, is that nice? Also, do you know if these hotels offer shuttle service/excursions to Disney? Its like, so much to do not much time to do it in!!!! Finally, will it be easy to get transportation from LAX to Long Beach/San Pedro area? Please please advise.

Thanks

Lberty, NC
reviews: 1
1. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

Stay at the Coast Long Beach Hotel. I stayed there in Dec.2003 and it was excellent accommodations, service, food, etc. Pay the extra for a bay view room. Shuttle is easy from LAX. Not sure of a travel to Disney. The hotel is directly on the City of Long Beach's free trolley system to the downtown tourism areas. Make sure to allow time for the Aquarium of the Americas. You can see the cruise ships and departure from the hotel. Eat dinner at Kings Restaurant one evening, excellent seafood and service. PS, Ihave reservations at the Coast in September, 2005.

Wigan, UK
2. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

Thanks Sludgemixer, I was already thinking about that hotel, I'd been looking at it for a while. You helped me make up my mind. So it's 2 nights in the Coast Long Beach Hotel!

reviews: 75
3. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

If havent booked already let me make a suggestion. The Long Beach Hyatt. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops. All the amenities you would expect from a large scale hotel. Coast is okay but it is kind of secluded.

Wigan, UK
4. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

Thanks for the advice Frugalguy. I havent booked the hotel yet. Is the The Long Beach Hyatt the same as the Hyatt Regency Long Beach? Maybe you know of a better area we can stay prior to our cruise...A lovely beach hotel perhaps!!!

LA/OC
reviews: 2
5. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

(Having been in this Mexican cruise thing before, let me help. I know what you're going thru... I also have 3 decades of experience of living & working in LA/OC.)

The Coast Long Beach hotel is located next to the Queen Mrry Ship in which both are located out on the peninsula. You're better off having accomodations on or near Ocean Blvd.. I would recommend staying at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach # (562) 1234. All year rates: $ 105-225. (There is only one Hyatt there, no matter how you may word it.) This part of town is nice & safe. I wouldn't even consider the nearby Westin and the Renaissance hotels.

Places to eat within walking distance are: Gazella # (562) 495-7252. L'Opera Ristorante # (562) 491-0066. Yard House # (562) 628-0455. Or consult you hotel concierge...

Now on to your transportation question...

Airport Express Shuttle, (laxairportshuttle.com), # (800) 311-5466 or (310) 263-7072.

Super Shuttle , (superschuttle.com), # (800) 258-3826 or (310) 222-5500.

I've used both of these over the past 3 decades. Both are good and reliable. They will pick you up at LAX and take you to your hotel and vise versa. Also Pick you up at your hotel and take you to Disneyland and vise versa back. They will pick you up at any place and take you to any place. Rates are high if you travel alone. Cheaper rates, "additonal persons", if you travel in a group. They are very dependable and well worth it $.

Bon Voyage!

Hope this helps...

Wigan, UK
6. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

Thanks for your advice.

California
reviews: 2
7. Re: Picking up a cruise ship in LA Harbour September, any...

actually the Westin and Reaissance hotels are in a nice and safe area.

The downtown area of long beach has seen quite a resurgance in the past few years.

The new Pike area (Across the street from the Hyatt) has tons of places to eat.

Islands, Calif Pizza Kitchen, Gladstones, PF Changs, outback,

a great pub auld dubliner. Madison is nice along with Smoothes sports grill

So lots of choices here.

I'm sure any of the hotels will be able to arrange transportation to any place you need to go.