We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Debary
reviews: 70
Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

We'll be arriving on a Carnival ship at Long Beach Port on Wed., Oct. 2. Our flight home leaves at 11:45 AM from LAX (Southwest). There are 4 of us, adults, with luggage. Would a private van service like SuperShuttle be the safest option to get us there on time? It looks like we could get one for about $85.

Can anyone who's used this company lately tell me how it works? Will they be there at ship's disembarkation or would we have to call and wait? Thanks for any suggestions.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
1. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Take a taxi or a private shuttle. It will cost about the same. You might get a quote from Zippyshuttle.net (a small, private 'car/van service'). There could be a queue for the cabs and the private vans (supershuttle or primetime shuttle) whereas Zippy is a small company so you won't be queuing up with lots of other people.

Debary
2. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Oh, I thought you could reserve a private van through Super Shuttle. Do you mean we would have to wait in line at the pier to get one even if we've reserved ahead?

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 42
3. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

There are private transfers and shared transfers.

For shared transfers, you stand in line--for private you walk up and get in.

SuperShuttle offers private transfer services through execucar--one has someone standing with a sign (execucar sedar service $95 plus tip), the other you call when you getthere and need to be picked up (business express service $58 plus tip).

The last time I was in a cab in Long Beach there was a flat rate to LAX, but I don't remember the price and when I have called to ask the dispatcher didn't know.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
4. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Supershuttle offers shared vans which is usually less money if there are two of you. The shared vans hold 7 passengers and before they take you to the airport, they may detour to pick up and drop off other passengers. However, from the cruise port to the airport, chances are that the whole van will be filled with people also going to the airport so it can be a good opportunity to save money so long as you do not mind riding with other passengers. If you want a private van or car from Supershuttle, i would book it in advance and not rely on one being available at the cruise terminal.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
5. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Yes, I didn't add in my message you would need to book (and pay) in advance. www.supershuttle.com

We have used them for our last few trips to LAX from our home on the far eastern edge of Long Beach and feel the extra money is worth not taking a scenic tour through Long Beach to pick up people and the very early pick up time as we are usually the first to be picked up, is worth it for the business service level.

Debary
6. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Thanks to all for the replies. We are two couples, and could possibly find another couple to share a private van with us from our cruise roll call. Sounds like it will be SuperShuttle.

montreal
reviews: 2
7. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

My wife and I are coming back to Carnival/Holland America Long Beach Cruise Terminal after our cruise and are going straight to L.A. Internaional Airport for our International flight (Canada)

We should be taking a shuttle or taxi to the airport at around 8.00 to 8.15 a.m. and our flight is at noon. Does this allow us enough time? How long normally is the ride to the airport?

Thanks

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
8. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Please verify that you are arriving in Long Beach. I am not aware of any ships, other than Carnival, using that port. You may be arriving in San Pedro (Los Angeles). If you are going to be pre-arranging a shuttle, you need to know the correct port.

If you are arriving on a Saturday or a Sunday, it should be a 30 minute drive from either port. During the work week, it could take an hour or more.

Are you going to be able to get off the ship, go through customs and immigration, and get to the airport in time for your flight?

More cruise specific information can be found on a sister site: boards.cruisecritic.com

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
9. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Oops--ignore the above post--thought I put it on the Carnival/Holland America post.

montreal
reviews: 2
10. Re: Is private shuttle best option from port to LAX?

Sorry...i should have have said specifically we are on Holland America.

Then this means san pedro Port..correct?

Is this closer to L.A. International Airport?