We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Hello! Our cruise will arrive at San Pedro on a Saturday morning in early October. How long does it take to travel from cruise terminal to LAX airport? Is it better and easier for a group of 3 to take a taxi or buy bus transfer from cruise company? Is it easy to get taxi at terminal? My travel agent said it might be difficult to get taxi at terminal, is it true? Thanks in advance for any information.

14 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
1. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

It takes about 30 minutes to get from the cruise terminal in San Pedro to LAX. I think it would make sense to take a taxi if there are three travelling. There are many taxis waiting at the cruise terminal. You won't have any problem getting a taxi to take you to LAX.

Southern California
reviews: 1
2. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

I'd say closer to 40-45 minutes, I live in San Pedro and worked in El Segundo just a few miles south, even on a Saturday there will be some traffic (not as much as weekdays though). Plus you need to also allow time to navigate LAX once you enter the area with the terminals, there is almost always a lot even at midnight last month.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

I'd take a tact, but sometimes the wait in line can be long so allow plenty of time before your flight.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 37
4. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

I would take a taxi--I think paying for 3 transfers would be way more than a cab.

On boards.cruisecritic.com, a sister site, there is lots of cruise information. The West Coast Departures board may be able to answer your questions regarding the cost of a taxi to LAX.

I think 30 to 45 minutes is a reasonable estimate. I drove from Long Beach to one off ramp before the LAX one off the 405 every other Saturday for 5 years or more. Took us about 30 minutes on Saturday AM. Much different answer Monday through Friday.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
5. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Difficult to answer without knowing what the cruiseline bus transfer would cost. Normally, that method is way better than a taxi.

Any idea what they would charge you?

Dr. Z

6. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Thanks to all who have responded. We will take a taxi, and allow one hour drive time to go to the airport. I understand the bus transfer will take longer as the bus has to wait for all passengers and the luggage to be loaded before it leaves.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
7. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Yes, you wait until the bus is filled or has all ticketed passengers.

I just dropped my husband off at LAX this morning at Terminal 1. It took me almost 25 minutes to get around the horseshoe to get out--unfortunately I couldn't get over to the #1 lane and take one of the two crossovers to the other side. Took me more time to get out of LAX than back home once I got out of the airport.

8. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

Thanks. I understand the traffic can be bad inside LAX. Maybe I should consider flight out of Long Beach airport.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
9. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

The drive is about the same--if there is a competitive convenient flight, we fly out of Long Beach.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 144
10. Re: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX

If you can find a flight out of Long Beach, it is much easier, there are no long TSA lines. The newly redone terminal is really nice!

Jet Blue, Alaska, US Airways and Delta are the only airlines, however.

Reply to: from San Pedro cruise terminal to LAX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted