We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 33
San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

My wife is disembarking a cruise at San Pedro, but I am disembarking in Mexico, and flying to LAX on the morning of her arival, and driving down to pick her up. Is there a comfortable place she can wait within, or outside, the terminal for an hour or two? Any cafes etc nearby? thanks

8 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona...
reviews: 6
1. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

I believe the Queen Mary is next door, and they have several restaurants where she should be able to wait for you.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
2. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Actually there are two Cruise ports in the area. The Long Beach Cruise Port for the Carnival Cruise Line is next to the Queen Mary.

The Port of San Pedro hosts all the other Cruise lines, which is located just a few miles north west of the Long Beach Ports.

I have sailed out of Long Beach, but not San Pedro, so hopefully someone with recent experence can chime in....

Brisbane
3. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Thanks, Darkbeer (a man after my own heart. :-) :-) I originally thought disembarkation was by the QM, and was going to stay there the night, but have since realised it is San Pedro World Cruise terminal, 7 miles to the West, So QM is out. Thanks for both your imputs.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
4. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Ports o'call village is a seaside outdoor mall a couple of miles south of the Port. Your wife can take a taxi there in 1 to 2 minutes (fare will be less than $10 including tip). Here is a map of the route:

http://mapq.st/12xpqpl

If you'd prefer to fly up the night before, there are a number of hotels adjacent to the San Pedro Port. Here's a map of them: http://mapq.st/15OgMH9 (the port is marked by the red circle in the upper right corner of the map). The Crowne Plaza hotel gets the best reviews in this neighborhood:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d81765-R…

Brisbane
5. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Thanks HS&J, that's a great idea. My old girl has no sense of direction, and getting a taxi to a place like this would ease her fear, plus it should be easier for me to FIND her in a smaller place with my GPS.

Much Appriciated, Thanks. Ross

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 37
6. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Is your wife going to have to deal with lots of luggage? If so, perhaps she should take a cab to either the Doubletree Hotel or the Crowne Plaza so she could sit in the restaurant and have assistance with the luggage from the bell hop.

On the sister forum, cruise critic, there is lots of info about San Pedro. The person who started this board lives and owns a business in San Pedro.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343892&highlight=san+pedro

Southern California
reviews: 1
7. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

Port's O Call is nice but very spread out, lots of shops and restaurants. You would need to pick a specific restaurant to meet up at and also inside or outside seating (outsides gets quite crowded on nice weekends with mariachis, etc. Last visit I was lucky enough to run into a nice couple who let me share their table).

It might be easier for her to walk or cab to the Grinder restaurant, which is a pretty decent coffee shop next to the Sunrise Motel on Harbor Drive.

If you do decide on Ports O Call, I like San Pedro Fish Market, next to the Crusty Crab.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
8. Re: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities

We've taken 4 cruises from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. (Only one to Mexico) I'd tell your wife to be in the last group off the ship to use up some time.

I don't see how you can get to her in an hour or two if you have to get to an airport in Mexico, fly to LAX and collect your bags, shuttle to the car rentals, and drive down to SP.

I agree with 55vineyard about walking or taking a cab to the Grinder Coffee Shop, where she could sit. I also like the Crown Plaza near by, where I'm involved in a Fashion Show Luncheon every year and enjoy the facilities. There is a nice lobby to sit and wait or just off the lobby is Blu Restaurant, open at 6:30 am for B or L.

ihg.com/crowneplaza/…dining

I personally would avoid Port's O Call. It's not what it used to be, too crowded to be saddled with luggage on a Saturday morning for waiting around. However, we go to the Crusty Crab and SP Fish Market on summer evenings and enjoy it.

Did you ever think about renting a room at the Sunrise Motel for $75 a night for her, and just having your wife wait there? You don't have to stay there after you meet up, but sometimes it's less stress for the one waiting, especially if there is some delay in your flight that same morning.

Reply to: San Pedro Cruise Terminal Facilities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted