We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
julie1218
reviews: 1
disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

hello

we are departing on a disney cruise on may 20 out of san pedro. we'd like to spend sunday night, may 19, in close proximity to the port and, hopefully, at a hotel that offers a free transfer to san pedro port. i know the crowne plaza and doubletree in san pedro fit this request.

but, we would like to stay in long beach. seems like there is more to do there, and we will be there most of the afternoon/all night on may 19. we have ds11 and dd9. we are spending may 16-the morning of may 19 in anaheim doing disneyland.

is there a hotel in long beach that offers a free transfer to san pedro port?

should we hassle with staying in long beach while leaving out of san pedro? worth it?

recommendations on fun for kids activities in the area would be appreciated, although i have read of lots already on this board (ferris wheel, aquarium, queen mary).

thanks!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
1. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

Why not spent the night on the old Queen Mary? It's a hotel as well as a tourist attraction.

julie1218
2. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

That was my 1st thought actually, but it has a lot of meh reviews. I'm also wondering if the haunted aspect would freak out my kids-ds11 and dd9.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
3. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

Mixed reviews are with every hotel. I've stayed at some cheap hotels and loved it ... but some people want cheap prices but 5-star service ... so I don't take much notice of the reviews unless 99% of them are really, really bad.

I haven't heard of the haunted aspect ... but a co-workers is staying there soon and is keen as mustard about it.

I think the novelty of staying on such a ship will be great for the kids, and I wouldn't tell them about any haunted stories.

San Francisco...
reviews: 107
4. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

I stayed at the Hyatt which is right by the food options and aquarium with ocean view. I also stayed at the Travelodge but did not have a good experience.

julie1218
5. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

think any long beach hotels would have a free shuttle to san pedro?

Southern California
6. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

Probably not.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 25
7. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

I did a little search and nothing is popping up. What I suggest is that you call hotels directly. If they don't have a shuttle they will probably know how you can get one. Queen Mary is nice, and because it isn't close to anything you'd have to take the shuttle to get to anything.

Pine Avenue, between Ocean Blvd and 5th St., has a lot of restaurants offering a wide variety of foods in settings from formal to very casual. The Long Beach Cafe at 615 East Ocean Boulevard has huge, delicious breakfasts. I think I'm hungry:)

You can take a bus on Ocean Bl to Belmont Shore which is several blocks of shops and restaurants, ending in a little bit of bay the kids can play in if it's not too cold.

Have fun!

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 54
8. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

Most hotels in downtown don't offer shuttles. The Hilton *might*, that's the only hotel I can recall regularly that had a van out front. The cab fare would be about $20-25 to get to San Pedro from DT Long Beach.

Having recently stayed at the Queen Mary ... don't do it. Yes it's neat to see, and when you're going on a cruise most people assume you'll love anything cruise ship related. But truly, if you are looking for a relaxing and comfortable night's sleep, this isn't the place.

julie1218
9. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

That was my 1st thought actually, but it has a lot of meh reviews. I'm also wondering if the haunted aspect would freak out my kids-ds11 and dd9.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I think we'll stay at the San Pedro doubletree after spending the day in long beach.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 37
10. Re: disney cruise out of san pedro but want hotel in long beach

There is a lot more cruise advice on the sister forum: boards.cruisecritic.com

I am not aware of any hotel in Long Beach offering a free shuttle to San Pedro--some did when one of the Carnival ships wasn't sailing due to mechanical issues, but not now.

If you are spending the morning at Disneyland, I think you will find you will be there ALL day, unless this is the 3rd day of a three day pass. I think I would keep it simple and just spend the night in San Pedro.

San Pedro now has the USS Iowa open for tours--the few I have talked to have found it fascinating--adults and kids alike. Long Beach offers the aquarium.

How are you getting from Disneyland to San Pedro or Long Beach? A rental car would be cheaper than a shuttle.