We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn long beach downtown

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nebraska
holiday inn long beach downtown

Hello,

I am conflicted if I made the right choice staying there with my family but the hotel is booked. Could anyone tell me how far it is to the beach, shopping, or other fun family things to do?? We will have transportation

Thanks for any help,

John

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 25
1. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

Is this the one at 1133 Atlantic? If it is, change it as soon as possible. There is nothing in the area, it isn't the best area. It may be a lovely hotel on the inside, but the neighborhood iffy.

If you must stay there they get yourself downtown, south of 5th street (about 6 blocks) where you will find restaurants, the ocean, the Aquarium. West on Ocean you will find 2nd Street in Belmont Shore, a street lined with shops, restaurants, and ends with a bay.

Have fun.

nebraska
2. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

I cancelled our reservation...thank you. do you have a hotel name or area that would be better??? we are shooting in the dark:) actually anywhere along the coast would be fine, we just did not know.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
3. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

Huskerland,

Why are you looking in Long Beach??

IF you post another question and put in your dates and the budget you are willing to spend for hotel and how many people are in your travel group then people can give you good suggestions.

Folks will help you plan the trip so tell us what you are thinking please??

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
4. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

Any hotel near Ocean Blvd. Since I don't stay in them (I live here, why would I?) I can't make specific recommendations, but I know all the hotels can be found here on Tripadvisor. Of course there will be negatives, but weigh them against the positives, stay near Ocean Bl, and you will be fine.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
5. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

Because I live here I can say there really isn't much to do in LB. If it were me, I'd stay nearer to Huntington Beach where you can quickly get to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and many other attractions, and the beaches are nicer.

The more info you provide the better answers you'll receive. For instance, What are you coming to see/do? What are the ages of your group? How much do you want to spend?

Edited: 1:22 pm, April 26, 2013
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
6. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

When you say "anywhere along the coast", what is it that you want to do or see while here? Is it just that you want to be right on or near a beach? We need more information.

nebraska
7. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

we are going at the end of may. I have a family of 6 total. ages 19.16.13.11. we are staying at disneyland two night and then we want to go to universal studios one day but stay on the beach and near shopping and the beach??? I thank you for your advise, its kind of you to take the time.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
8. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

Since Universal Studios isn't near the beach I'm going to suggest my favorite beach on the west-facing coast - Hermosa Beach. There are a couple of places right on the Strand (a sidewalk filled with pedestrians, bicyclers, skateboarders) which is right on the beach. There is some shopping, nice restaurants, a comedy club, and always a fun vibe. Any of the beaches along that coast - Redondo, Manhattan, Santa Monica, Venice - are nice.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
9. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

What other attractions will you be visiting besides Universal? The Greater L.A. metro area is HUGE -- so we'll help you pick a hotel in a convenient neighborhood (near a beach) but it helps to know what other sites are on your itinerary in order to direct you to the best neighborhood.

10. Re: holiday inn long beach downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 29, 2014