We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 16
Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Hello!

We are visiting California for the very first time next week and will be staying near the Long Beach area. Wondering if anyone can recommend a nice coastal pathway for a good walk/hike? I came across this: Shoreline Pedestrian Bikepath and that looks like a great place to check out, any others? We will have a car, so traveling a bit is not an issue.

Thank you!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Head a bit South West, there is a large Concrete Pathway from the Huntington Beach Pier area to the Balboa Pier area.

Right next to Pacifc Coast Highway.

Cypress, California
2. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

I don't know how far you are willing to drive to get to some great walking, but if you go North of Long Beach to Venice Beach (north of Los Angeles Airport) or some really cool places South of Long Beach. In Orange County (especially South O.C.) you have places like Crystal Cove or any of the coves in Laguna. You can also check out Dana Point, a little more South from Laguna. Venice is a good 30-40 miles (30min) or Laguna, about 40-50 miales (50min) from Long Beach.

Note: Crystal Cove is not free. It is a state park, so there is an entrance fee.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 140
3. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

What exactly do you mean by "near the Long Beach area." That is a very wide range. If you could be specific about where you are staying we could give you better advice about the local area.

Ohio
4. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Thank you everyone for your replies! :) I am going to look into all of those places TrevU2, very helpful!

We are staying in Long Beach, but willing to travel about an hour in each direction. Previously I was looking into Laguna and we are also going to Orange County, Venice, Santa Monica and more!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
5. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Here is a marked map for the Huntington Beach to Balboa Peninsula boardwalk...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5769278

Edited: 6:30 pm, December 27, 2012
california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
6. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

Try Bolsa Chica Lagoon.

Ohio
7. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

THANK YOU everyone so much for the information! We will be arriving later this week and I have all of the places saved to explore during our visit. Very excited!

8. Re: Nice beach hike/coastal pathway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014