We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

Hi,

2 Girlfriends traveling for a fun Day at the Long Beach Flea Market.

We've never stayed in the area so we're unfamiliar with the surroundings and Hotels.

We'd Like to stay a Nice, Clean, Freshly Updated, 4 Star Type Hotel that's not on the Bed Bug Registry.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 51
1. Re: Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

Our lovely contributors never recommend hotels that aren't nice or clean -- so no worries there. I'm not sure what you mean by 'freshly updated', e.g within the last couple of months, a year, or ?

Your choice of 4-star hotels in and around the Flea market is restricted. Briefly, there aren't any. The closest thing is the 3-1/2 star Long Beach Marriott.

If you're intent on staying in a 4-star, there is only one in the entire city of Long Beach: the Hyatt the Pike Long Beach. It is, however, not close to the Flea Market which is near the airport -- outside of the downtown area where the Hyatt is.

As far as the bedbug registry is concerned, I wouldn't put any importance in that website for several reasons:

a. Bedbugs don't 'pop up' at hotels due to any cleanliness issues. They are brought in by guests via their luggage. This happens at expensive hotels as well as cheap motels. Once the hotel is made aware of the problem, it is remedied. The fact that a hotel HAD a bedbug report at one time will not be an effective prediction of whether that hotel will have such instances in the future since there's no way to know which guest(s) will be bringing in bedbugs between now and the time you will visit.

b. Some reports on the Bedbug Registry are false, placed by people who have some other negative issue with the hotel. e.g., they didn't like the hotel, the front desk clerk was rude, the wi-fi or parking or restaurant was too expensive, the room didn't look like the one on the hotel's website, etc.,etc

c. And, finally, bedbugs are easily spotted. When you arrive at your hotel -- even if it's NOT on the bedbug registry -- lift the mattress and look along the seams of the underside edge. The bedbugs 'camp out' there and are plainly visible -- looking like little specs.

Have a great time at the Market!

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 12
2. Re: Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

Just a little farther down Lakewood Blvd from the Marriott, there's a Residence Inn by Marriott on Willow just west of Lakewood Blvd.

Edited: 9:24 am, November 14, 2012
Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 4
3. Re: Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

The market is at Long Beach City College, I wouldn't stay any where near there.

I'd go to Downtown Long Beach on Ocean Ave like the Westin, Hyatt Regency or Renaissance so you have some nice areas to walk to to eat, shop and drink.

southcarolina
reviews: 21
4. Re: Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

Actually Sue_CdM the Long Beach Antique Flea Market is held at Veterans Stadium (which is down the street from Long Beach City College).

I use to live near the area, an on occasion took part in the flea market. I can tell you that the area may not be Newport Beach but it surely is a safe area. In fact the area around Veterans Stadium is typical middle class suburbia within close proximity to the Long Beach Airport. So with that said your choices of hotels will not be geared towards tourists but more for business class.

The closest hotel to your travel destination would be the Marriott (4700 Airport Plaza).

marriott.com/hotels/…

Some of the other hotels (which I have been in through the years I am not a big fan of for various reasons.

I also agree what HopSkipJump has mentioned above regarding bed bugs.

Not knowing if you will have a vehicle or not another option would be (if you do) to check out vrbo.com as there are some really cute places to stay while you are in Long Beach (Belmont Shore). And of course there's also the larger hotels down by the water which will give you more options in the evening with things to do. The distance from the water to Veterans is not all that far (between 6 to 7 miles).

Enjoy the Flea Market!

5. Re: Where to Stay Near Long Beach Flea Market? Nice Hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 16, 2013