We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Is there ANY reasonable parking for a week long trip? Lb airport charges $17-19$ A DAY!

23 replies to this topic
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
1. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

I'm gonna say No. I parked at LGB, last year for free by simply parking on the section of Wardlow Road (the street that leads into the airport) just east of Lakewood Bl. The problem for you is: each side of Wardlow has one day of the week during which time the streets are cleaned and parking is banned so if you plan to park for 7 actual days, then there's no way to use my plan without parking on a day when parking is banned.

On the other hand, parking at $17 per day at the airport = $119 per week. I can't imagine that a parking (violation) ticket could be $119 so it might be less expensive to park on Wardlow and get the ticket!

Since you haven't identified your country/city of residence, it's hard to recommend other options. If you lived in LB, for example, taking a taxi to/from the airport would probably be less expensive.

Edited: 2:06 pm, October 15, 2012
2. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Thx I live south Oc , so shuttles are just as much.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 37
3. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

There isn't a less expensive parking lot since the new parking structure was built. Parking on the street or at the nearby golf course will subject you to parking tickets, perhaps towing, and possible theft of your car. The area around the airport is generally safe, but if a car is sitting on a public street unattended for several days it may attract attention.

Oxnard, California...
4. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

ok so i am leaving today for the M-F cruise on carnival i am looking for really really cheap parking. I am looking at some post but some are not very clear as to the parking and price. Can anyone tell me what they charge exactly and where it is located and maybe options...i hear the queen mary had a parking is that true?

Claremont...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

http://www.globalairportparking.com offers remote parking at two hotels: Holiday Inn (12.99/day, 1 mile away) and Marriott (13.99/day, .5 mile away). The rate is a little less than at the airport. The hotel shuttles are used. We used the Holiday Inn and found it very convenient. Although it advertises every 30 mins, we did not have to wait. There were service fees totaling $7.24 added to the base rate.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Are you saying there is a $7.24 service fee per day or what?

Fullerton...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

I had a good experience with making reservations at globalairportparking.com and parking at the Holiday Inn. If you google around, you can also find some discount codes to knock a few bucks off your total charge. Still not exactly cheap, but much more reasonable than the $17/day for parking at the terminal.

Lakewood, CA
8. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

If you don't live a long way away, take a cab rather than a shuttle. We live approx 5 miles from Long Beach airport and was quoted $12-$15 one way ( I think the meter ticks by time & miles so if you hit signals, heavy traffic, etc, it could be more). We did this last summer and by the time we pulled up at the airport the meter was about $18.50 ($25.00 with tip) total for the two of us. Considering tip added it's still a better deal.

Shop around, one cab company quoted us a $45.00 min charge. We used Yellow Cab 562-403-2600, there were several listed in the yellow pages.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Saw this link...parking $4.95 a day with shuttles........

http://www.samsparking.com/

Edited: 11:10 am, July 19, 2013
Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
10. Re: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?

Samsparking is at LAX.

Reply to: Reasonable Parking near long beach airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted