We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel close to convention center

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, Illinois
reviews: 6
Best hotel close to convention center

Attending a conferance at convention center in June. Which hotel has the best rooms and views, and close to convention center. The group the conferance is through recommended hyatt or Renassance. which do you recommend?

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 42
1. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

Hyatt

Greenville, Illinois
2. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

thank you for your opinion. this hotel looked like the best choice just wanted to see what others thought due to the cost differance

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

We've stayed at the Hyatt for a convention and a wedding reception. Love the hotel and the views, and highly recommend it.

Greenville, Illinois
4. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

Thank you CAnative

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
5. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

I am a fan of the Hotel Maya, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel.

Across the bridge from the Convention Center, but a free shuttle runs freqently (The Long Beach Passport) from the Hotel's Parking Lot to the Convention Center.

Here are some photos from a recent visit.

http://tinyurl.com/7rk6fop

http://tinyurl.com/77j8q5k

And some basic info, including the Passport Free Shuttle service.

www.visitlongbeach.com

If you want an Extended Stay Hotel that comes with a Kitchen, the Residence Inn is next door to the Hotel Maya.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

When we stay at conventions, they usually recommend the hotel near the center and often have convention rates set up. Is this true of the Hyatt? It was suggested when we stayed there.

Greenville, Illinois
7. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

darkbeer thank you for the info. the hotel maya looks great. I prefer to be a little closer, but i will keep this in mind thank you for teh info

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
reviews: 42
8. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

The Hyatt is right next door to the convention center. Even though I live near by, I have stayed at the four major hotels downtown for my husband's work related activities. I think the Hyatt is the best...location, food, staff.

9. Re: Best hotel close to convention center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, June 18, 2013