We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mebourne
reviews: 6
Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

We are 2 senior travellers from Australia trying to find a way to travel by public transport from LAX to Lancaster for an event on 26th August. We are flying in from San Francisco. Haven't booked this flight yet as not sure of travel time to Lancaster and if able to even get there. I have contacted metrolink, greyhound, hotels in Lancaster etc without any success.

Have had one reply immediately in travel forum [america site]from a past resident of Lancaster and will check out his welcome suggestion.

Can anyone assist us further with this as we really want to go to Lancaster for the pro-bull riding which we love watching every week in Ausssie-land.

6 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
1. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

Lancaster is exactly 90 minutes from Los Angeles by car. I don't know of any way to get there, except by car.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 73
2. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

You could take Antelope Valley Airport Express, scheduled for an hour and 45 minutes from LAX to Lancaster. http://antelopeexpress.com/

Mebourne
3. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

To Wanderer -thankyou so much, as even with all my searching I had not found this shuttle service. Will definately use this to get to Lancaster as my husband doesn't want to drive on what he considers the wrong side of the road. Had a bad experience in Las Vegas a couple of years ago so no more driving. Thank goodness as it made me a nervous wreck anyway. Have checked out your link and am now co-ordinating flight arrival times with the shuttle service. Thanks again as we are reallly keen to finish fulfiling our wish list in your wonderful country. This trip we are off to Dallas first to see Johnny Mathis and visist President Kennedy's memorial museum, then to San Fran to see the golden gate bridge, Pro-bull riding in Lancaster, Disneyland, Las Vegas, a tour of the Canyonlands and a cruise from LA to Australia. All easy to arrange except the Lancaster leg!!

Mebourne
4. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

Thank you for your reply Yogachik. My husband is not keen to drive but have found out on this forum there is a shuttlebus from LAX to Lancaster which I will use.

los an
5. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

Antelope Express

Scheduled airport shuttle service between Lancaster, Palmdale, Acton, and Santa Clarita and Los Angeles Airport, seven times a day, seven days a week, closed on Christmas.

42540 6th. St. East #B Lancaster, CA 93535

661-945-2529

www.avairportexpress.com

Palmdale, California
Destination Expert
for California Desert
reviews: 44
6. Re: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August

Metrolink commuter passenger rail service runs throughout Southern California and on the Antelope Valley line, with stops in Vincent Grade/Acton, Palmdale, and Lancaster. Here's the link: http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

Greyhound Lines runs scheduled passenger service to Palmdale and Mojave. Here's the link: http://www.greyhound.com/ and the Palmdale station page: greyhound.com/en/locations/locations.aspx…

Reply to: Travel from LAX to Lancaster for 26th August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster