We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know you can't predict the weather but...

Which Lake Arrowhead hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
I know you can't predict the weather but...

We are looking in to renting a cabin on the Lake the first week in April (Easter break) and I have had no expereince putting chains on and this gives me anxiety...is it likely we will have enough snow at that time which would require chans? Thanks in advance for your advice and input - I know the question is a bit lame for someone heading to the mountain resorts in the spring!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: I know you can't predict the weather but...

They are calling for an El Nino winter if that helps at all in predicting the weather. Its entirely possible for an April storm to dump enough snow for chains, but the odds are slim. Usually (again - Mother Nature is a moody woman!) April is not a problem, but there have been occasions . . . However, when it does snow, they usually have the roads cleared for traffic fairly quickly negating the need for chains.

2. Re: I know you can't predict the weather but...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, April 28, 2015