We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach with an infant?

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Laguna Beach with an infant?

I am planning a trip to California with my family, including an 8 week old baby. Is Laguna Beach a good destination - we are looking ofr somewhere we can walk lots and enjoy being outside without having to rely on being in the car the entire time. Any tips are much appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

I like the nearby Newport Beach Balboa Peninsula area, great beach boardwalk that can handle walking and strollers. The Balboa Pier area has a great kids play area on the beach, and then across the way is a small amusement park with a nice Ocean themed Museum.

Other areas I like would be the Seal Beach area, and then the Long Beach area. Long Beach has some great places to just walk and stroll, has some good attractions like the Aquarium of the Pacific for kids of all ages.

Also, Newport Beach Balboa Pier area and the Long Beach area near the Aquarium offer nice boat tours, including whale watching.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
2. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

Laguna Beach is one of the better towns for walkability in Southern California. You just want to choose a hotel close to Downtown which has Forest Ave as its center more or less.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
3. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

Laguna Beach would be very good for your needs. There are numerous small hotels at various price ranges within walking distance of the village and the beach. You could easily walk everywhere and return to your hotel when you need to.

reviews: 707
4. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

Yes to Laguna! We like The Hotel Laguna @ Main Beach. Great oceanfront location and right in the heart of downtown. :)

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

Good grief. Look at the reviews yourself. I think it would be child abuse to put a baby in that hotel. It is a DUMP that charges a lot of money for its location while its rooms are literally rotting. You can do far better.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
6. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

i would love to be able to recommend the Hotel Laguna, but just can't. They are very limited in what they can do to modernize the hotel and there are much better spots for the money.

Inn at Laguna Beach, Best Western, Laguna Riviera, Pacific Edge, Casa Laguna..... all are better.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Laguna Beach with an infant?

ANY other Laguna Beach accommodation is better than Hotel Laguna.

Reply to: Laguna Beach with an infant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted