We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel?

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 3
Honeymoon hotel?

Hi Everyone

We are driving down from San Francisco to San Diego and would like to stop in Laguna for 2 nights. We would like a hotel with a pool, a room with a balcony with an ocean view and would like the hotel to be romantic as its our honeymoon. We will have a car so getting around wont be a problem. We have around $500 for the 2 nights so not a huge amount of money.

Has anyone got any recommendation?

Many thanks

reviews: 723
1. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

Check out The Casa Laguna Inn. Our room was very nice with an oceaview and balcony and there is a pool there. The breakfasts here are amazing and the staff is very friendly and personable. Have fun! :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 342
2. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

My first pick would be the Inn at Laguna Beach.

http://www.innatlagunabeach.com/

Casa Laguna is very nice, but too far south in my opinion. It is nice to be in the Downtown area for shopping and dining. The Surf & Sand is the furthest I'd go south, map out the locations.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
3. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

Inn at Laguna Beach would be my choice too. Surf and Sand is great but might be over your budget, depending on the dates of your visit.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

Since you have a car, another choice might be the Laguna Cliffs Marriott, which is actually south of Laguna Beach but within a 15 minute drive to the center of Laguna Beach. http://www.lagunacliffs.com/

Norwich, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

Inn at Laguna I love just the sort of place we would like but it's coming up way over budget for a ocean view room at the moment. It's for September are those prices likely to drop? Surf and san is coming up nearly $700 a night. I also really like the Casa Laguna Inn but concerned people say its out of the way.,

Thanks so far.

reviews: 723
6. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

It's just a few minutes to downtown from Casa Laguna. We walked to Victoria Beach from the Inn. :)

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

For September, I would wait. The hotels are still trying to get their "rack rate" with no discounts. The best discounts start about 90 days out, when the "yield management" expects start figuring out what sort of price incentives will be necessary to fill the rooms.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

You might also want to try the Sunset Cove Villas http://www.sunsetcove.com/

a small luxury condo resort. For that one, you WILL have to act now because there are so few units there. You would be able to save some money by preparing your own meals in a place like that.

Laguna Cliffs and Laguna Riviera might also be options for you.

So. Cal
reviews: 19
9. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

***Surf and Sand is great ***

Go drop over $500.00 a night at Surf & Sand and I highly doubt you'd still be telling everyone how great it is. I can't believe they're charging close to $700.00 a night!! What a rip off. I did notice it was mostly international guests when we were there who wouldn't know any better.

Disneypluto- take a look at Pacific Edge, it might be within your budget.

I do agree you'll probably see better rates down the road.

Orlando
reviews: 7
10. Re: Honeymoon hotel?

Laguna Cliffs is great, but doesn't necessarily have an Ocean view (slight view from sencond floor) and is not on the beach. However, it does have a pool, rooms are remodeled, beds are comfortable, is close to downtown, shops and restaurants, and is actually right up the street from Inn at Laguna. I've stayed here many times and enjoyed each of them. Staff is great.