We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chow's

Which Lafayette hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
danville
reviews: 1
Chow's

Thought this was a classy place but recently was treated to the worse service and attitude in my life. I've never been so angered eating out. Other customers actually offered to share their food because we waited so long and were shocked at their attitude when we complained. I'll never go back.

San Francisco...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Chow's

One bad experience does not make or break a restaurant. I go to Chow frequently and have never experienced nor witnessed bad or rude behavior on the part of any of the wait staff. I have witnessed demanding and imperious-acting guests on occasion. This is not the type of restaurant for those that feel they deserve the royal treatment and that the wait staff are their personal slaves for the hour or two they are there. It is a very casual, bustling restaurant with food that is sometimes inconsistent and a staff always willing to make it right.

San Francisco Bay...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Chow's

I think this place has good food at a reasonable price. It is very popular. The noise level is fairly high. I prefer to sit outside.

Cool, California
reviews: 4
3. Re: Chow's

Service speed can be spotty when busy...but it's pretty reliably good food when it comes to the table. Not a place to go if rushed, but we've never disappointed friends or family when we took them there. Most of the time the wait crew is rushed, but not impolite. I think you caught an off night.

Lafayette CA
4. Re: Chow's

I think Chow's is highly overrated. I haven't had a bad experience with the service but the food is overpriced and I was disappointed. You're much better off going to La Finestra...Right around the corner, and the food is great, the prices are surprisingly low, and the service is excellent!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
5. Re: Chow's

How do you spell ... B-O-G-U-S ... so many first time posters who have never been back ... hmmmm?

6. Re: Chow's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lafayette
Recent Conversations